• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Beating a dead horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

drogerlouis

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I listened to my Herb Alpert and the TJB Volume 2. I think it sounds great, and I am mystified why Mr. Alpert dislikes it so much. He thought it was not recorded well, but it sounds better than SRO.

I have had experiences to the effect that when I looked back on something I had done in the past, I found that I didn't like it...for various reasons, of which there could be many, and some that might only be understood by the person him/herself.

In other words, we can't substitute our own judgment.

For example, I remember a performance I did one time where some of the audience thought it was great, but I knew better. My opinion was much different than the listeners, and I knew some things they didn't and evidently didn't recognize.

This is a matter best left to the artist himself. I am sure he has his reasons for whatever he chooses to do.

True to the thread title, this topic has been discussed and rediscussed. Please look at the thread titled "Volume 2" and continue there....although it's pretty much all been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom