• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Benefit At Herb's Vibrato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Jazz Stars to Take the Stage at Herb Alpert's Vibrato Grill Jazz ... Etc. in Bel Air for a September 26 Fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina Relief
The Event - Organized by Eden Alpert in Support of Jazz at Lincoln
Center/Wynton Marsalis' Higher Ground Hurricane Relief Fund - Will Feature Performances by David Benoit, Kyle Eastwood, Jeff Lorber, Barbara Morrison, Houston Person, Peter White and Other Surprise Guest Artists!

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- What better way to celebrate -- and renew -- the spirit of New Orleans than with an evening of great jazz? On Monday, September 26, Los Angeles area hotspot Vibrato Grill Jazz ... etc. is just the place to do it as the combination fine dining destination & premier jazz space hosts an all-star benefit to support Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. One hundred percent of all monies raised will go towards Higher Ground Hurricane Relief Fund, an initiative spearheaded by Jazz At Lincoln Center Artistic Director -- and New Orleans native -- Wynton Marsalis; the Fund is administered by the Baton Rouge Area Foundation. In addition, The Herb Alpert Foundation will match the entire dollar amount raised for Higher Ground from Vibrato's September 26th event.

Situated atop Mulholland Drive on Beverly Glen Circle in Bel Air, CA,
Vibrato was launched in 2004 by music legend Herb Alpert in association with the Smith Brothers Restaurant Group. The venue quickly drew rave reviews for its exciting new American cuisine and stellar sets from jazz luminaries in a beautiful, inviting and intimate environment. Performers taking the stage on the 26th at Vibrato's ad hoc "Preservation Hall West" evening in support of Katrina relief include keyboardist David Benoit, bassist Kyle Eastwood, keyboardist Jeff Lorber, vocalist Barbara Morrison, saxophonist Houston Person, guitarist Peter White and other surprise guest artists.

Vibrato's Eden Alpert, who's been with the acclaimed culinary/musical
hybrid since it opened, conceived the fundraising event and worked with the venue's artistic director Pat Senatore -- a Tijuana Brass alumnae and frequent bassist at Vibrato -- on securing talent. Alpert commented, "Everyone has been so supportive. We have an outstanding opportunity at Vibrato to come together for a great cause, and I'm hoping we can really make a difference in helping people during the ongoing relief work."

Tickets for Vibrato's September 26th Katrina benefit -- which are limited
to a 200 person maximum -- are $150 each, with festivities running from
7-11PM. In addition to top-flight jazz, guests will enjoy an extensive and
generous tray passed selection of favorites from the restaurant's diverse
contemporary American menu, an open bar featuring cocktails, wine and beer selections and soft drinks.

Renowned restaurateurs Gregg and Bob Smith -- famed for Pasadena's Parkway Grill and Arroyo Chop House -- worked with Herb Alpert on developing a fresh and seasonal cuisine to complement the sensational fusion of music, dining and atmosphere Alpert envisioned for Vibrato. The space's state-of-the-art sound system, with full 5.1 digital capabilities, offers a superlative listening experience, and world-class musicians who've played there include Billy Childs, Chuck Mangione, Makoto Ozone, Houston Person, Steve Tyrell and Toots Thielemans. Recently, the legendary Dave Brubeck Quartet played a rare intimate concert at Vibrato. Hosted by Herb Alpert and Lani Hall Alpert and the Herb Alpert Foundation, the engagement was a fundraiser for the scholarship and outreach programs run by University of the Pacific's celebrated Brubeck Institute.

For further info & tickets for the Katrina fundraiser to benefit Wynton
Marsalis' Higher Ground Hurricane Relief Fund, call Vibrato at 310-474-9400 or visit them online at http://www.vibratogrilljazz.com.

SOURCE Vibrato Grill Jazz ... etc.
Web Site: http://www.vibratogrilljazz.com

Anyone want to venture a guess that maybe Herb himself will be among the "other surprise guests" performing?

--Mr Bill

Would love to see Peter White. His GLOW album is fantastic. Too bad I live too far and have not the expenses to travel. :laugh:

THIS IS GREAT!!!!i'm glad that some of my favorite jazz musicians are doing something this beautiful for a worthy cause! i had a feeling that herb and wynton would get together,and i'm glad it's for something like this!i also didn't know that pat senatore and herb were still associates.wouldn't it be great if the surviving members of the brass could come together one more time as a surprise performance during the night's festivities?that would be DA BOMB!!!!anyway,let's ALL remember to help in some way the victims of this disaster,concert or not.again,this is great news!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom