• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Beyond" 12" Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Does the 12" single of "Beyond" have a different mix, or is it just the album cut?

There's an 'un-special' edited version on the flip of the US version, but that's really all that's interesting about that particular 12". Don't know about the UK release. Their version of "Making Love In The Rain" had a very special B-side, the "Herb Alpert CD Megamix."

Harry
..with no 'school' today, online...

I figured if there was a remixed 12" single, I would have found it right when it came out, since I scoured the 12" single bins at least once a week back then. (Even more so when I knew a new song was out, like this one.) About all I bought was the 45RPM single to hold me over until the album came out.

My UK 12" is 45RPM (normal for the time in UK) and is on clear vinyl. It's actually a wee bit longer than the LP version. The added length is in the end where it just takes a little longer to start fading out -- basically just a few extra measures of rhythm before it fades, nothing worthy of a "gotta have it" mindset.

--Mr Bill

Bill--is yours in the sleeve with "HERB ALPERT" at the top edge and "BEYOND" at the bottom edge, upside down, on sort of a "wave" themed background in sort of a greyishh color? All I saw was an extremely small photo of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom