• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Beyond" hope of CD release

Status
Not open for further replies.

toeknee4bz

Hello, everybody. I'm new to this, so bear w/ me if I say anything stupid at first; I've been a Herb Alpert fan since I was a kid in the mid '70s. Not very common for my age group, but nonetheless I was hooked early on, TJB & SOLO works. Obviously I've been reading the forum for a couple of yrs and finally decided to log on. I'm surprised that nobody out there has any info on how to get "Beyond" on CD w/o paying an arm and a leg... Please help!!!

Welcome to the Forum!

BEYOND on official CD is a pretty rare title as it was only released for a brief time in Japan and nowhere else - and that was more than 25 years ago.

So if you find an official copy, it'll usually be a place like eBay, where many others will also be interested, raising the value to ridiculous amounts.

But in reality, BEYOND is a fairly average title in the Alpert canon, a sequel of sorts to RISE with many of the same kinds of sounds. So is it really worth hundreds of dollars if you COULD find it?

Most of the Forum membership here who are interested in doing so, have sought out clean vinyl of the title, and then transferred that to a digital CD-R for their listening purposes.

That method, of course, will work for the many out-of-print recordings out there that are commonly available on LP. And if the do-it-yourself approach isn't for you, there are services out there that will first sell you a copy of the LP and then make a CD-R for you.

Finally there's the wait-and-see method. You could wait-and-see whether of not Mr. Alpert ever gets around to re-releasing these recordings to either CD or an online digital service like iTunes. If the latter, then you'd still have to transfer the files to CD-R, if you wanted a physical copy.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom