Black Eyed Peas Concert 27th. of february 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Last friday the 27th. of february 2004 me and my lovely lady attended a concert by the group the BLACK EYED PEAS at the PARADISO pop venue in AMSTERDAM.

From former posts at the forum, the BLACK EYED PEAS leader WILLIAM ADAMS (aka WILL.I.AM) contracted Sergio Mendes at his Will.I.AM imprint from A&M-Interscope records. (am I right?)

This young energetic HipHop-rap mainstream cross-over group backed by
a live band existed from 4 musicians: keyboards, sax drums and guitar without any turntable operator at all!
It was nice to noticed that the keyboard department was an old fashioned set-up with Fender Rhodes 88
electric piano (the workhorse on so many recordings!) and even an Moog synthesizer from 1966! along with an newer Korg synthesizer .

All versatile musicians: the keyboardplayer played also trumpet and the sax player played flute and guitar. The older lead guitarist – between 40-50’s years old I guess– played as well as some groovy schratchy James Brown alike guitar licks as heavy-metal and pure hard-rock.

They performed mainly songs from their ELEPHUNK album suchs as, WHERE’s THE LOVE, HEY MAMA , SHUT UP, LATIN GIRLS and SEXY, their version/remake of the ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM classic HOW INSENSITIVE on which SERGIO played acoustic piano on the record.

The 4 members of of the group sung and performed with high skills and
moved constantly with even an breakdance show from member Taboo.

The sexy girl singer Fergie with a high range in the vocal department impressed me a lot and would be a perfect match as guestsinger in a future Sergio Mendes’ Brasil 2004 or other Sergio Mendes’ Brasil combination on record or on stage.

The audience was a mix of young Teens Twens Thirty and some Fourty years old spectators and my 49 year old lovely lady and the 54 year old me, myself!

Nice concert, creative, energetic and with solid musicians craftmanship believe it or not, thats my humble opinion.

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom