BMB FOURSIDER Dilemma

What should be done in dubbing BMB's FOURSIDER to CD?

• Transfer audio as-is, listing "Summer Samba" in its correct place

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Substitute "Brasilia" where it's listed, making the track list correct

• Dub the album as-is, leaving the track listing incorrect

• Dub the album as-is, correcting the track listing, and adding "Brasilia" as a bonus track

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
So what do you do when you want to re-create on CD, the BMB's FOURSIDER. The printed track listing says that "Brasilia" is the second track on side two, but on the vinyl, in its place, is "Summer Samba." (A fact mentioned in another thread, but I thought I'd add it as a poll question.)

I can think of four possibilities (listed above in the poll):

(1) Transfer the audio as it appears on vinyl, listing "Summer Samba" in the track list.

(2) Substitute "Brasilia" where it's listed to make the track listing correct.

(3) Dub it as-is, and leave the track listing incorrect.

(4) Dub it as-is, correcting the track listing, and adding "Brasilia" as a bonus track.

Harry
...with a dilemma, online...

Another question would be "which 'Brasilia' do you include?" The LP version off 4109 or the hyperkinetic version off the "Yes Sir That's My Baby" single???

--Mr Bill

I'd probably pick the album version, mostly because it's available in stereo. And the single version sounds a bit like they're rushing through the song. Perhaps they left the meter running... :wink:

Harry
...pondering the wealth of "Brasilia" versions from TJB and BMB, online...

I can see all the votes are running for "Brasilia" as the bonus track! (My vote as well.)

I think, though, I would stick to the tracks as they were recorded on the original album. If you are trying to be accurate, someone who owned the BMB Foursider would be thrown off balance by having a different tune where they expected to hear "Summer Samba."

As for "Brasilia" versions, I'd definitely stay with the album version. The other is a neat novelty, but I prefer the slower, more familiar version. (Maybe they went to Mexico to sample some peyote cactus in person. :wink: )

-= N =-
NP: Stevie Wonder, "Too High"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom