• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bob Edmondson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone point me to any interviews with Bob Edmondson or articles about him? I've always admired his trombone playing, and it's puzzling to me that I've never come across anything significant to read about him and his role in the TJB. I know he had a lot of big band experience before joining the TJB, and that he has been involved as a studio musician since then, but that's about it. I gather that he was interiewed in connection with the BBC series, but I guess he was left on the cutting room floor. Maybe there are some interesting threads about him?
Thanks everybody.
Dan Haverstock

There's been a lot of discussion on him here at the corner...just do a search on "Edmondson" and you'll come up with a lot of topics.

I don't know of any interviews with him. He was the comic-relief of the TJB live shows.

I was thinking he's now out of the music business but maybe that's another TJB member.

There's nothing specifically about Bob, but there IS a copy of the interview that the late Wendell Johnson did with Pat Senatore. It can be found here.

Harry

The recording of Bob Edmondson for the Radio 2 series was part of a post-lunch chat i recorded at John Pisano's home, with Bob and Pat Senatore in attendance. Basically we sat around the dinner table and the guys told anecdotes. Practically none of that recording made it to the final cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom