• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Bossa Nova Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

Dear Forum members,

On the site,
www.geocties.com/bossanovabrazil/bossanovaworld.htm
you will find videoclips from Antonio Carlos Jobim with Andy Williams and Frank Sinatra and Stevie Wonder rehearsing with Gilberto Gil.

And a lot of stories about the influence of Brazilian music on artists like Sting, Madonna, Michael Franks, Eric Clapton, Paul Simon, Yes, Sean Lennon, Janet Jackson, Gloria Estefan, Brian Wilson, Cliff Richard, Stevie Winwood, Burt Bacharach, All Jareau, Earth Wind and Fire and many more.

All the best

Aqua do Brasil
AKA Sjef Ni

I tried adding an "L" to the end of the address; leaving off the bossanovaworld.htm; changing the Z in Brazil to an "s" and none of those tricks worked either.

Aqua do Brasil said:
Mike Blakesley said:
I tried adding an "L" to the end of the address; leaving off the bossanovaworld.htm; changing the Z in Brazil to an "s" and none of those tricks worked either.

Try this:

www.geocities.com/bossanovabrazil/bossanovaworld4.htm

The site is called The brazilian influence with more than 12 pages.
This is page 4.

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Or try this one:

http://www.geocities.com/bossanovabrazil/index.html

all the best,

Aqua do Brasil
(AKA Sjef Nix)

Hmmm. Too bad I can't read Kanji! (though I will probably get to know some soon after I transfer to Japan this Winter)

The first page or so are interesting in content, but by page three it seems that all a recording artist needs to qualify to be on the site is one song with latin percussion...

I mean come on: Talking Heads, David Byrne, Chicago, The Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Boz Scaggs, Santana, The Byrds, David Crosby, Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick, Earth, Wind & Fire, Philip Bailey, Al Jarreau, Lee Ritenour, George Benson, Quincy Jones, Todd Rundgren, Suzanne Vega, Beastie Boys and Madonna are "Bossa Nova" artists? Sure a couple of them have the occaisional samba or latin influenced tune (Byrne's Cubanisimo efforts come to mind)... But they're hardly what I'd call "Bossa Nova" artists!

--Mr Bill

I looked at the old topic you linked, and since there's actually more discussion in this new thread than that one, might as well continue here.

Yes it's the same link, howver I must say that the website has been updated for example the soundbytes and the video clips are new, they weren't there a year ago. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom