• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Brasil '66 - live recordings (non-official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd

Hi all,

Haven't been by in a while, but I thought I'd check in. Nice to see some of the old familiar folks still here, and spiffy new graphics too!

Still as much a Brasil '66 fan as ever. A friend of mine knew how much I love this stuff, so he asked me if I would recommend seeing Sergio live in Florida while he was on a business trip there. When he got back, he told me how great it was, so I gave him a copy of my two Brasil '66/'77 compilations (60-minute CD-R's). Another convert! Too bad we were too broke to catch Sergio's LA show last month; hope there's another one soon.

So, on to my question: are there any concert recordings of Brasil '66 floating around, other than the ones officially released? I'm normally not into the bootleg thing, but there are some exceptions worth making, and B'66 is definitely one! I'd be most interested in scoring a copy, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Hi all , it has been a long time since I posted something here !!!
congratulation for the much improved interface !!!
I taped SM in Tokyo at the blue note Feb 22 1999. I did not encode it for MP3 yet , but if some are interested , I can and will make it available on the Peer to Peer netwok that I use most WINMX .

Jean Carlo

rd said:
Hi all,

Haven't been by in a while, but I thought I'd check in. Nice to see some of the old familiar folks still here, and spiffy new graphics too!

Still as much a Brasil '66 fan as ever. A friend of mine knew how much I love this stuff, so he asked me if I would recommend seeing Sergio live in Florida while he was on a business trip there. When he got back, he told me how great it was, so I gave him a copy of my two Brasil '66/'77 compilations (60-minute CD-R's). Another convert! Too bad we were too broke to catch Sergio's LA show last month; hope there's another one soon.

So, on to my question: are there any concert recordings of Brasil '66 floating around, other than the ones officially released? I'm normally not into the bootleg thing, but there are some exceptions worth making, and B'66 is definitely one! I'd be most interested in scoring a copy, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Richard and Jean-Carlo: good to see both of you again!! :D

-= N =-

I don't think I have heard Sergio live on record, but I have seen him live (opening for Herb Alpert at the Greek theater in L.A., CA) in 1984. Great show by all.

JCMSAK1 said:
I taped SM in Tokyo at the blue note Feb 22 1999. I did not encode it for MP3 yet
What format do you have / did you record it in?

Do you have a song list (at least partial)? And is it the typical "Brasil 200x" type of touring group of recent years (which here in the US appear at bigger concert stages AFAIK)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom