Brilliant Japanese Music Video of "Top Of The World&amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC&RC Fan

Hi everybody!

I just went to youtube and noticed that you could find quite a few Carpenters video clips. One in perticular is the, "Carpenters - Magical Top Of The World" music video, I quote. It originally aired on Japanese television on NHK in 1996.

What they did was take original film footage from the Carpenters TV Special from 1976 of Top Of The World. Then used trick photography,
and added a more recent at the time, Richard Carpenter with his sister Karen. All done in 1996, around the Holidays.

Here's a link to this music video:

Link removed by moderator

We appreciate the enthusiasm, but as these videos are not authorized by Richard Carpenter and are copyrighted material, we are not permitted to provide links to them here on the Forum.

Thank you.

Harry
...and the A&M Corner moderating team...

Just a clarification. This video was done with Richard's participation. He introduces the clip as a "Christmas gift" to the Japanese audience. He then filmed a new performance of "Top of the world" that later was computer generated over his original version from the Bob Hope show in 1974. It features an older Richard singing with Karen.

While many clips on the net are bogus, this one was legit. And I must say, spectacular and very sentimental.

Was the video placed on youtube for all to see with Richard's permission? I have my doubts, but could be convinced otherwise.

Harry

Thanks, Harry. I doubt Richard has any involvement on You Tube. Like most of the Carpenters clips on You Tube, they are from various TV apperances.

I was just trying to state that Richard was involved in the original production. Thanks for always looking out for us!

It's no fun being the bad guy, but someone has to do it! We wouldn't want Rudy to get into trouble with the copyright police. That's the last thing he needs!

Harry

Harry:
I don't know if this is a taste of things to come, but Barry Manilow and his management company Stiletto have complained to "you tube". They have demanded that all videos featuring Manilow's voice, music, or likeness be removed. They have complied.

Well hurry up, then, and get on Youtube to watch the "Top of the World-French TV" video before they take it off. I've never heard this live version of Karen singing in her later days. What a treat to hear something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom