• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I'm pretty new here too. The admin here needs to answer, I think, about posting policies. I'll give you my email if they say no. I am curious.

You can certainly post images of memorabilia and such...not a problem :wink:

Thank you for the reply Chris.

Evidently I can not attach a PDF File the scan of the card here I do not find an attachment icon to add a PDF file or such to a reply here in the Forum.

Guitarmutt I sent you a direct message here at A & M Corner as a conversation. I put my direct email in it for you....Jamie

Thank you for the reply Chris.

Evidently I can not attach a PDF File the scan of the card here I do not find an attachment icon to add a PDF file or such to a reply here in the Forum.

Guitarmutt I sent you a direct message here at A & M Corner as a conversation. I put my direct email in it for you....Jamie

You'll probably need to use a service like Photobucket or Flickr to upload your image - and then LINK to it here using image tags.

Harry

I just attempted to use Flickr never used it before and it does not like the PDF file I have. I guess it does not use PDF files as an image to upload.

No. Try scanning to a .jpg file and then upload that to Flickr.

Harry

I have scanned it and put in in Flickr as a .jpg file but I am unsure now as to how I post it here with the URL from Flickr.

That'll work. At least we can see it.

Studying the card, I've determined that the font used is likely something like "Old Towne No. 536", which is easily located on the web if you're interested. Here's my recreation of that "logo".

CarpEarlyFanClubLogo.jpg

Harry

Nice to see that Membership Card,
quite an interesting piece of music memorabilia,
and I am sure that Jamie treasures it!

Harry,
Thanks for enlarging it I did not know how to do it and then put it in here without going to the Flickr link. Thank you.

GaryAlan: Yes I do so much treasure that card along with the rest of my Carpenters memorabilia.

Thanks again

Very Nice!!! and signed by Harold, pretty cool. I wish I had been part of the club, I would have bought everything available. ha
I wonder why the logo is not the classic logo, was this before the logo became official?

Chris,
I was in the Fan Club from the start or just real soon after they started the Fan Club and that is why the Carpenters Logo was not on the one you see here at the Forum.

I do believe that after or there abouts when the Tan album came out in 1971 the Fan Club Membership Card had the Carpenters Logo on it.
I never received another card except the one you see. This was given to the Fan Club Members prior to 1971 which was when I joined early 1970 I do believe

A very young 14 years old that I was what a treasure of memories I have in my heart to this day!

I joined the fan club very late (1984, I believe) and the membership card has the Made in America artwork on the back
of the card. That card will always remain in my possession.
I get a kick out of seeing my name being certified as a member of Carpenters Fan Club.
Of course, most others would think that my devotion is a little on the loony side.

First heard them when Close To You was hot... Was in love ever since... But the clincher tune was For All We Know... Hearing that voice cut through the clutter of my 1971 10 year old head - and I was gone.

So - about these retro T-Shirts.... where can one find one?! How I wish I'd have stock-piled a couple from the fan club back in the day...

I run allot - and would love to sport a CarpenterS logo on my chest... just to see what people would say... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom