• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Entire Catalog Reissued in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottb

Hi,

I just took a look at Carpenters listings on HMV Japan's website and Universal Japan are reissuing the entire catalog in Mini LP sleeves in the SHM-CD format on August 26th.

What I'm really curious about (Sakura maybe you can help?) are the 2 live releases.

The 'Live in Japan' release was issued in Japan a long long time ago as a 2 CD set. I'm wondering if this SHM-CD Mini LP reissue will just use the sound of the older 2 CD set or will they remaster it in any way? I ask this because the original version came out so long ago and would hope that maybe Universal Japan would remaster it?

I'm also wondering about the 'Live in London' release as well- if that will be remastered as well.

There is no information on HMV Japan's website about any of the titles being remastered so I'm guessing the 2 live albums may just be straight copies from the late 80's/early 90's release?

Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted a link below to HMV Japan's Carpenters listings page.

Many Thanks

Scott

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist/prod.../0?sort=date&direction=1&pagesize=1&pagenum=1

Thanks Scott!
I cannot wait to get the two X-Mas albums and my fave (VOTH) on this format. I really like my "Now & Then" shm-cd.
Just when I thought my wallet couldn't get any thinner... :tongue:

I sent an email to CD Japan to see if they can contact Universal Japan about the 2 live albums.

Since they were released in Japan about 15 years ago I wonder if they will be remastered or will they just use the same mastering for those very old original CD's.

If I get any more information I will post it.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom