• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Picture Sleeve question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
I know I don't post too often here in the Carpenters forum, but I visit pretty often. I primarily hang out in the TJB forum and rile folks up in For Animals Only. I'm Bill "Mr Bill" Gowdy, one of the moderators here and the primary archivist of A&M record images for the site (as well as web maestro of sister site www.irscorner.com).

I have a question for the Carps experts... I have found two different sleeve designes for A&M 1648 which makes me wonder if there may or may not be further variations. To the best of my knowledge, the b-side image (with the stocking) is the same for both. Anyone know of any other cover images for this single?

1648a.jpg
1648aalt.jpg
1648b.jpg

Another question or actually a favor I have to ask is, with our A&M Album gallery about 98% complete I am now compiling the single picture sleeve gallery. I only own a few Carps 45s and have images for only the A-side of a few others. I'd love to make the Carps portion as complete as possible. If anyone is willing to send me scans of the items I'm missing, please PM me and I'll give you a list of what I have and what I know I need. I'll reply with scanning specifics, the address to send them to and you'll have the undying gratitude of the A&M Corner staff.

--Mr Bill

The "B" side of the Santa Claus sleeve is not the stocking (on my copy). I would love to contribute to the sleeves (if I have any that you need). I will drop you a message.

Warren

my B side is the stocking...and the A side is the Jukebox pic.......I have almost all of the 45's.....but am not sure ifmy scanner is working...I'll check it out.

Just keep in mind that Mr. Bill's initial post above was made in 2006 - FOUR YEARS AGO. It's possible that he's gotten what he needed. Let's wait for him to respond before firing up those scanners!

Harry

Indeed...but since I have not seen a gallery yet, and am in the process of hooking up my scanner and going through the massive vinyl collection right now (I just moved it all and am storing it in new places), I thought it might be appropriate to put in a plug and see if there is a reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom