• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters Special - Japanese TV 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

I don't have this channel.

Carpenters Special
9:00am Jan 1st, 2010
0:00pm Feb 4th, 2010 (repeat)

Documentary
120 minutes
Interview with Richard at home, on Carpenters sound and memory
Live in Australia, Holland, Belgium & U.K.

伝説の兄妹デュオ・カーペンターズの魅力と真実の姿に迫るドキュメント。秘蔵映像や兄のリチャードが語る兄妹の思い出など、貴重な内容でお送りする120分。

2009年4月、デビュー40周年を迎えたカーペンターズ。グループとしての活動は、1983年にカレン・カーペンターの突然の死によって終わりを迎えたが、それまでの14年間の活動で彼らの残した音楽は、いまなお、多くの人々に愛され続けている。「トップ・オブ・ザ・ワールド」「クロス・トゥ・ユー」「スパースター」「イエスタデイ・ワンス・モア」…。その洗練されたサウンドとカレンの歌声が心の奥から聞こえてくる人も多いだろう。
 日本では、マドンナ、ザ・ビートルズ、クイーンなどと同じくらい、ヒット・チャートに名を残し、現在もCM、テレビドラマなど通じて、世代を超えて愛聴されている。4月に発売された『カーペンターズ 40/40』のヒットも記憶に新しい。
 そのデビュー40周年を記念して、リチャード・カーペンター全面協力の下、特別番組が実現した。オーストラリア、オランダ、ベルギー、そしてイギリスで残された貴重なライブ映像による名曲の数々からは、ドラムを叩きながら歌うカレンの姿に懐かしく思う世代と驚きを感じる世代があるだろう。そしてリチャードの自宅で2時間半のインタビューが実現。本人から語られるカーペンターズ・サウンドの秘密とは。
 永遠に変わらない輝きをもつ奇跡のデュオの更なる感動を約束する。

http://www.wowow.co.jp/pg/detail/051320001/index.php
http://www.wowow.co.jp/pg/schedule/days/20100101/morning.php

off topic, Universal Music announced
on Dec 2nd release of songs of "Christmas Portrait" and "An Old-Fashioned Christmas" for ring-tone
on Dec 23rd release of songs of Karen's solo for ring-tone

Sakura

Yesterday TV information site uploaded the info of 2010. According to it,
demo that we haven't heard will air.
カーペンターズ スペシャル 永遠の輝き 

01/01(金) 前09:00 >> 前11:00  WOWOW
[S][H] ドキュメンタリー・教養/その他

▽幻のデモ音源を世界初紹介▽リチャードが語る秘密ほか
出演者/カーペンターズ
Japanese site

Sakura

Hi Sukura,

New Year greetings for 2010 ...... :)

Did you manage to see new Special or did Yuka / other friends catch up with screenings ?

Was there much new film footage & any update on unissued Demo ? :cool:

Richard keeps us on our toes : in recent interviews & updated 40/40 Liner notes interview : Richard regrets releasing Carpenters outtakes & unissued material ....yet still has unreleased Demos included in TV Specials, Docs & other projects !!! :wink:

Peter UK

Peter, Happy New Year! How was snow in your area? Keep warm.

There was not demo. At the end of the programme Richard's new Christmas song called "Christmas Everyday" was performed!! It sounds like a song from a musical to me. I love it!!

Sakura

Thanks for the information Sakura. I wish I could somehow hear/watch that performance.

Following on from Sakura's comments, I found this interesting story ....

http://www.toacorn.com/news/2009-12-10/Schools/Gleeful_fun_with_the_Westlake_High_School_choir.html

Here is an excerpt from the above article:

Their final offering was “Christmas Every Day,” a marvelous original number written by Richard Carpenter, whose two children, Mindi and Colin, are in the choir. A talented vocalist with a soaring voice, Mindi sang the solo with her proud papa accompanying her on the piano. At intermission, Carpenter told me he’s planning a recording of the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom