1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.

Carpenters Vinyl Boxed Set - what's the chances?.

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Wayne Crozier, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    The only thing that might push me over the edge to purchase something like this would be the artwork and the inclusion of Karen's solo album. However either way, this is going to be a pricey set to purchase as a box set.

2. the day after the track was recorded, Richard received a call from mr Feliciano's management and told Richard it was not to be used under threat of prosecution.

3. newvillefan

newvillefan Well-Known Member

That's what I mean - I don't think they kept that take as they were told they couldn't release it.

4. Yes ! There is one coming which Richard mentioned to me in a letter, he also emailed me a month ago saying it would be released "fairly soon"

it was discussed here on this forum when I started a thread for it. It is called "EXCLUSIVE: Vinyl Studio Album Box Set"

5. Wayne Crozier

Wayne Crozier Member Thread Starter

Wow how did I miss that thread!, amazing news this just what I've been hoping for although I have all the albums both English and Japanese pressings with the obi strips, I'll be all over this when it's released.

Can't come soon enough for me for sure

6. I have mixed feeling about vinyl reissues. My "used" LPs already sound excellent on my Audio-Technica turntable. I purchase only unplayed or mint used vinyl, then clean them with a professional fluid. A clean record in mint condition plays wonderfully on a good turntable.
    Personally, I'd prefer individual reissues of the best-selling Carpenters studio LPs, instead of being forced to buy a box set. I already own a copy of the 180-gm Now & Then vinyl (Japan) but have never played it! I keep it as a collector's item since the basic vinyl copies I have play perfectly.