• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carson coming to Antenna TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring back an old topic to be sure everyone is aware of this....let's try and remind each other if the Carpenters appear on the re-broadcasting of The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It's possible Carpenters episodes may be shown. I would love to be able to tape this in higher quality if they do re-air their episodes (as well as Olivia's too :love:) This would be pretty exciting to see The Carpenters again on TV, let's cross our fingers.
Does anyone have the exact air dates and guests The Carpenters were on? I know John Davidson hosted one time and Steve Martin did another, so I'm wondering if those will be shown or only the episodes that Johnny is hosting? Did Johnny Carson host 2 episodes that The Carpenters were on?

I just checked and I do get this cable channel, you can visit this website to see if you get this channel by entering your home zip code.

http://antennatv.tv/channel-finder/?zip=33317

Here is another article about The Tonight Show airing on Antenna TV Cable Channel.

http://www.tribunemedia.com/antenna-tv-adds-26-new-stations/

"In January 2016, Antenna TV brings Johnny Carson back to late night with a 60-minute classic Carson episode airing at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT, with a rebroadcast at 2 a.m. ET/11 p.m. PT each weeknight. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, with a rebroadcast at 1:30 a.m.ET/10:30 p.m. PT. This is the first time the Carson episodes will air in a strip since he went off the air in 1992. Johnny will join Antenna TV on the network’s 5th anniversary".

Hi
The Carpenters. Tonight show Dates are

18 september 1970
13 november 1970
5 november 1971
5 november 1973
27 january 1977/steve martin host
27 june 1978/john davidson/host

Oh, man, this is big news! Let's hope we see some new footage. Carpenters performed 'All The Things You Are' 'live' as an instrumental on the 1971 appearance.

According to the Carson Entertainment Group site the only clip they have for licensing and showings is the one on Youtube from NOV 5th or 6h
1973. You can search by dates and names of celebrities and this is the only show that appears available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom