• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Christmas Songs Karen Should Have Sung...

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Oh Holy Night'....I'll never understand that one.

I'd bet anything Karen would have given a performance of 'O Holy Night' the same treatment as she did on Ave Maria. To hear her sing this would have been magical. This is one question I'd like to ask Richard, whether they ever considered putting a lead vocal down for it and if not, why not?

Every time I hear "What Child is This?" I can't help but think that Karen would've knocked this one out of the park. The low notes in the song are right in her wheelhouse, and the lyric is perfectly suited to her intimate style. I would love it even more if she and Richard had recorded it using their stacked vocal harmonies in those parts of the song that just beg for it.

Did Richard ever say why they never recorded a version with Karen? It's like how could you not have Karen sing that, it's perfectly suited for her.

O HOLY NIGHT, AWAY IN A MANGER, GREENSLEAVES (What Child Is This), The Coventry Carol would have been so suited for the melancholy aspect of her voice!!

Also, Grown Up Christmas List, and Breath of Heaven, and Mary Did You Know?...she would have done those songs GREAT justice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom