• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Concert Heaven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Here in Austin we've been hit with quite a few big name concerts. I saw Chicago the other night, then I got tickets to see Paul McCartney in May (his first ever visit here). Then tomorrow tickets for Steely Dan's first ever Austin gig go on sale. They're playing in August. We also have Rush, Hugh Masekela & Larry Willis, David Sanborn, Manhattan Transfer, Jimmy Webb. Too many shows, not near enough money.

Capt. Bacardi

Congrats on the McCartney tickets. I saw him in April, 2002 in Philadelphia - gosh, that's over a decade ago! - and he put on a great show then. It was one of those right time, right place deals. One of our DJs had two tickets, her husband couldn't make it, so she offered it to me. Marie wasn't too happy about missing the show, but was happy that one of us got to go to the concert.

It was probably one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Harry

I have always wanted to see McCartney. He'll probably never play near this neck of the woods -- although I said the same thing about Elton John and he did 4 concerts in Montana over the past few years (2 of which we got to). So anything can happen I guess.

Others on my concert bucket list are: Herb Alpert, Sergio Mendes, Pink Floyd (not gonna happen anymore, I fear), the Stones, and Simon and Garfunkel. I would REALLY love to see that show in L.A. with Herb and Sergio together.

The McCartney tickets weren't cheap - $277 plus fees each. But we thought we'd never get another chance to see a Beatle, and since McCartney turns 71 this year there may not be many other chances. I have a couple of DVD concerts and they were excellent.

I would REALLY love to see that show in L.A. with Herb and Sergio together.

We flew out to L.A. a couple of years ago to see Herb & Lani, and despite the traffic woes it was well worth it. Herb is 78 now so you never know how many other chances you'll get.

Capt. Bacardi

I have always wanted to see McCartney. He'll probably never play near this neck of the woods -- although I said the same thing about Elton John and he did 4 concerts in Montana over the past few years (2 of which we got to). So anything can happen I guess.

Others on my concert bucket list are: Herb Alpert, Sergio Mendes, Pink Floyd (not gonna happen anymore, I fear), the Stones, and Simon and Garfunkel. I would REALLY love to see that show in L.A. with Herb and Sergio together.

I've done all that I wanted from your bucket list, having seen Herb and Sergio in recent years as well as when they were in their "classic" years. McCartney I mentioned, and we did Simon & Garfunkel touring with the Everly Brothers a few years ago. I'm not a Stones or Floyd fan.

The McCartney tickets weren't cheap - $277 plus fees each. But we thought we'd never get another chance to see a Beatle, and since McCartney turns 71 this year there may not be many other chances. I have a couple of DVD concerts and they were excellent.

McCartney's coming to Orlando on this tour, but I wasn't about to fork over that kind of dough, especially after seeing him once already - but it probably WILL be worth it. For the record, the posted price on my McCartney ticket from 2002 was $125.

We flew out to L.A. a couple of years ago to see Herb & Lani, and despite the traffic woes it was well worth it. Herb is 78 now so you never know how many other chances you'll get.
Capt. Bacardi

Agreed. We went to New York for the first of their tours, and then caught them in Philly a year or so later. Both involved monumental traffic jams and difficult timing - but it was Herb - and Lani - and both are worth it. Couldn't make the Florida shows this year.

Harry

Jimmy Webb?! Coming to Austin?

I'll be there. Hey wait, I'm already here. Now all I need is tickets.

~Mike A.

Pat Boone is up in his years, too! (He'll be 79, this June 1st...)

I've seen him last year, though mainly doing a career documentary, rather than a singing show (Still a good person to see & would love to meet & I'm planning to see him this year, too, in about a month!)...

(Really should have taken in one of his shows back during his 'classic' years, too... I dunno what kept me...)

One 'right place, right time thing' was him giving a speech & receiving an honorary PhD at (of all places) Adrian college, in Adrian, MI, last year, so my daughter & I were very lucky to run out there to see him, but alas, not a particularly good opportunity to run up to him to meet him...

Should take her with me to see him, though; I bought two tickets...

And I know what you mean by so many performers, so many shows, so little money: It's hard to even keep up w/ a Bucket List of movies that you wanna see; I still have one of those, too!

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom