• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

CONGRATULATIONS SERGIO! 11th. of february 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua do Brasil

CONGRATULATIONS SERGIO!

Today, the 11th of february 2004 is Sergio Mendes 63th anniversary!
Enjoy this day. I wish you a nice dayfor you and your family.

Keep up the good spirit and we all hope to hear an new recording from you.

All the best,
Aqua do Brasil

Happy Birthday, Sergio! Have a great day, and I'll try to coax our radio station to play one of your songs in your honor.

Harry
NP: "So Many Stars", Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

:happybirthday:iiiFeliz Cumpleanos, Sergio!!! :happybirthday:

(Sorry...Don't know how to say it in Portugese, let alone make those Fancy Symbols, unless they get included in the "Emoticom Gallery"; lost my "saved page", where you use the "alt key" + Numbers when I got a new computer.)

But, anyway, Congrats on your 63rd and may there be Many More...!!! :cheers:

Dave

Happy Birthday, Sergio!! I recommend tuning in tonight to Entertainment Tonight, because they almost always announce his birthday and on at least two occasions used "Mas Que Nada" as the backing music for all the 2/11 birthdays they announced.

Our AM station saluted Sergio and played "Like A Lover." Good choice!

Harry

I also wish Sergio a very happy birthday, and hoping for more music-filled years to come. :cheers:

Capt. Bacardi
NP: Herb Alpert Presents Brasil '66 (just got in the mail today!)

Harry - I'll bet that song hasn't aired in a while! I'm surprised though that someone didn't insist on playing either "Mais Que Nada" or "Never Gonna Let You Go," the two biggest hits.

I think if I could broadcast only one Sergio song, it would be .... hmmm, I've been thinking about this for 5 minutes and can't make up my mind.

Personally I think "Like A Lover" is an inspired choice, and am quite happy that the Program Director picked it. I didn't listen all day, but I wouldn't be surprised if other tracks aired as well.

Harry
...whose FM station aired SGT. PEPPER in its entirety yesterday as a surprise, online...

Mike Blakesley said:
Harry - I'll bet that song hasn't aired in a while! I'm surprised though that someone didn't insist on playing either "Mais Que Nada" or "Never Gonna Let You Go," the two biggest hits.

I think if I could broadcast only one Sergio song, it would be .... hmmm, I've been thinking about this for 5 minutes and can't make up my mind.

I think Your wrong...

Sergio's 3 biggest hits hits according to THE Top 10 on Billboard's hot 100 hundred are:

1) NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO, peak position nr.4 (weeks in peak position: 4 weeks)

2) THE LOOK OF LOVE, peak position nr.4 (weeks in peak position:1 week)

3) FOOL ON THE HILL, peak position nr.6 (weeks in peak position:1 week).

All the best,

Aqua do Brasil

Here are the songs I usually hear by Sergio Mendes on the radio, and in some cases, how often they're heard and even what kinds of radio station plays it:

• (In No Particular Order)

FOOL ON THE HILL (very frequently)

NIGHT AND DAY (also quite often)

LIKE A LOVER (quite rarely; mostly on a "Memories" Station)

THE LOOK OF LOVE (also pretty seldom; also mostly played by a "Memories" station)

MAIS QUE NADA (fairly often, though more on a "Memories" Station, than an "Oldies" Station, however)

NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO (Most Played!)

...And Note: "Memories" is mainly "Big Band Era" while "Oldies" mainly picks up where a "Big Band Era" stops at...Both of these kinds of stations I hear Sergio on, each play everything through today; so they're also both "Contemporay" Stations, too...

Dave

...enjoying some :love: Valentine's Day :love: Music by Sergio... :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom