• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Corrs news

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the latest with Andrea? It seems like forever since her last CD, any news???

I stumbled upon this article in Billboard of The Corrs while referencing Carpenters....the article mentions Karen too...issue July 22, 1995.

Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20pt%201%20Ad%20July%2022%201995.png~original

Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20pt%202%20Ad%20July%2022%201995.png~original

What is the latest with Andrea? It seems like forever since her last CD, any news???

I stumbled upon this article in Billboard of The Corrs while referencing Carpenters....the article mentions Karen too...issue July 22, 1995.

Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20pt%201%20Ad%20July%2022%201995.png~original
All I hear is that Andrea is busy being wife and mother of 2. Her kids are growing so maybe she will return to music and/or acting soon, like Sharon did. It would be fun if the 4 of them did a reunion show for BBC.

Billboard article on The Corrs, Talk On Corners, US
April 4, 1998

Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20US%20April%204%201998%201.png~original

Billboard%20The%20Corrs%20US%20April%204%201998%202.png~original
I didn't know you were a big Corrs fan Chris. Were you a fan back in the 90's? Did you see them in concert? I just learned about them in 2013 I think. But it's fun catching up on their career and music and I got to see Sharon perform in 2014. I'd love to see Andrea perform should she return to music.

Are you a member on the Corrs Club forum? They would enjoy seeing these articles. There are some fans there who were at some of their concerts in various parts of the world. :)

Oh yes...I have Harry to blame for that lol....I love The Corrs and have all there CD's and most if not all the CD singles as well with some rare remixes. I had 2 of there DVD's Live in London and Live Royal Albert Hall and I finally just got around to purchasing the DVD of Unplugged (already had the CD) and DVD of Live at Lansdowne Road both of which were really hard to locate on US Region DVD. I also have The Corrs DVD In Blue Audio Surround. They really need to re-unite once again for another album.

I really enjoy Andrea's solo CD's Lifelines and recently finally picked up her Ten Feet High CD which I didn't like at first when listening to samples online but once I bought it and played it through, I really like it. I hear there was a Japan bonus track called Amazing from that album so I'm curious about that song.

Chris and I were both members of an old Carpenters Forum in 1999 run by a fellow named "Ran". On that forum was a young Irish lass named Grainne who brought to the forum's attention a group from her homeland known as The Corrs. Something clicked in the back of my mind that I'd seen this group on television - the Rosie O'Donnell Show - one morning as I was heading off to work earlier that year, so I sort of had an idea that I did indeed like this group.

On my way home from work in late December, I picked up a copy of TALK ON CORNERS, the US edition, and it was instant love-at-first-listen. I then spent the better part of 2000 on a quest to catch up with all that The Corrs had done. This included their first album, finding odd singles from Europe and Japan at places like eBay and EIL.com, and those Asian VCD's of their video programs. At that time, DVDs were still newish, and any UK/Irish releases wouldn't play here, so these VCDs were the next best thing.

I remember trying to get Chris interested in The Corrs, but he took his time. Meanwhile, the wife and I went up to New York in September 2000 to catch the group on a Saturday TODAY SHOW. We got to speak briefly with Andrea and Jim before their show, and got some autographs after the show. I had gotten the UK version of IN BLUE which wasn't out in the US yet - they were there to promote it and sang "Breathless" and "Irresistible".

(That's me and the wife with our homemade Corrs shirts at 2:35.)

In 2001, we decided to combine our tour of Australia with the final leg of The Corrs IN BLUE tour and got to see them in full-fledged, sold-out concerts in both Sydney and Melbourne, and then much later we caught them in Boston in 2004 (minus Caroline).

But ultimately I managed to get Chris hooked, and he's almost as much the completist that I am.

Harry

Wow Harry. The Corrs should have you on retainer. :wink: Your posting about them on the Carpenters forum here is how I learned of them too.

I haven't the budget for collecting very much Carpenters or Corrs, but I do have fond childhood memories of following Carpenters. Hoping to be able to see Harriet take off soon as well. Have you listened to the clip of Fly that's out on Soundcloud?

Chris and I were both members of an old Carpenters Forum in 1999 run by a fellow named "Ran". On that forum was a young Irish lass named Grainne who brought to the forum's attention a group from her homeland known as The Corrs. Something clicked in the back of my mind that I'd seen this group on television - the Rosie O'Donnell Show - one morning as I was heading off to work earlier that year, so I sort of had an idea that I did indeed like this group.

On my way home from work in late December, I picked up a copy of TALK ON CORNERS, the US edition, and it was instant love-at-first-listen. I then spent the better part of 2000 on a quest to catch up with all that The Corrs had done. This included their first album, finding odd singles from Europe and Japan at places like eBay and EIL.com, and those Asian VCD's of their video programs. At that time, DVDs were still newish, and any UK/Irish releases wouldn't play here, so these VCDs were the next best thing.

I remember trying to get Chris interested in The Corrs, but he took his time. Meanwhile, the wife and I went up to New York in September 2000 to catch the group on a Saturday TODAY SHOW. We got to speak briefly with Andrea and Jim before their show, and got some autographs after the show. I had gotten the UK version of IN BLUE which wasn't out in the US yet - they were there to promote it and sang "Breathless" and "Irresistible".

(That's me and the wife with our homemade Corrs shirts at 2:35.)

In 2001, we decided to combine our tour of Australia with the final leg of The Corrs IN BLUE tour and got to see them in full-fledged, sold-out concerts in both Sydney and Melbourne, and then much later we caught them in Boston in 2004 (minus Caroline).

But ultimately I managed to get Chris hooked, and he's almost as much the completist that I am.

Harry

Nice shot of you and Mrs. Harry and your nifty Corrs shirts there. :)

I'm not a member of any Corrs forum so feel free to share those articles, I'm only providing what is available to anyone already online. That is why I thought maybe I missed a new release by Andrea, hopefully she will return to the studio soon.

I was also a member of Ran's "Roadode" forum (that's where I first met Harry and Chris). I got hooked on The Corrs at that time also, and began collecting their music. Fortunately, Canada got pretty much all of the Corrs releases, especially the DVDs in NTSC region 1. I also bought a couple of coffee table books, and Harry got me a concert program from one of the Australian concerts he attended. Unfortunately, I never got to see them live. They were supposed to perform in Edmonton and Calgary on their 2004 tour, and I had plans to go to both concerts. Sadly the shows were cancelled, and I couldn't afford to travel further to see one of the remaining dates.

Oh, and I even bought, and learned to play (if you could call it that) the tin whistle. Naturally I got the same whistle that Andrea played, the "Walton's Little Black D".

Harry, have you ever considered doing a Corrs complete recording resource much like Carpenters. Since it seems The Corrs are over performing together and no more new releases it would be cool to go back and put all their releases in order from beginning to end including the singles etc...I'm sure that would be a huge task since they had so many different releases in different countries. The idea ever crossed your mind??

Not really. Over the years there have been so many Corrs discography sites online that I never felt the urge. Admittedly, many of those sites have folded, but there are still a few.

Harry

Not really. Over the years there have been so many Corrs discography sites online that I never felt the urge. Admittedly, many of those sites have folded, but there are still a few.

Harry
Do tell. There is Corrs Club which has a good one. But I haven't found anything else.

Truly they were around in multiple languages during The Corrs heyday, but have fallen by the wayside in recent years. A great one was the old CorrsOnline site which, I believe is now just a forum with very little action. At one time it was way more active than the one on which we're now conversing - hundreds of posts per day. IIRC, the site was hacked, or the server crashed, and all the data was lost. Too bad too - it was a good reference site for all-things-Corrs.

Cara at CorrsClub is trying to reassemble as much of the discography as she can, one album or disc at a time, and I've contributed a few things here and there.

Harry

Truly they were around in multiple languages during The Corrs heyday, but have fallen by the wayside in recent years. A great one was the old CorrsOnline site which, I believe is now just a forum with very little action. At one time it was way more active than the one on which we're now conversing - hundreds of posts per day. IIRC, the site was hacked, or the server crashed, and all the data was lost. Too bad too - it was a good reference site for all-things-Corrs.

Cara at CorrsClub is trying to reassemble as much of the discography as she can, one album or disc at a time, and I've contributed a few things here and there.

Harry
I've been sharing Chris' memorabilia on Corrs Club since he said it's ok. Would be nice if Cara could add a page for things like that too.

Thank you Chris! People are surprised over there that the Corrs are discussed here. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom