• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

David Pomeranz Interviews Paul Williams

A box of emotions in a batch of tunes…, such a great depiction of Karen’s gift.
Yes, a master lyricist's description...he should write a complete song about her...

"Karen's gift" was to create dual emotions simultaneously - the one evoked by the lyrics of the song, and the other the quiet but profound joy of listening to the incomparable beauty of her voice - the first varied with the song, but the second was constant, an ever-present source of amazement and comfort and satisfaction...

When
"Karen's gift" was to create dual emotions simultaneously - the one evoked by the lyrics of the song, and the other the quiet but profound joy of listening to the incomparable beauty of her voice - the first varied with the song, but the second was constant, an ever-present source of amazement and comfort and satisfaction...

For me, when I listen to Horizon in particular, it’s like being wrapped in a big velvet blanket on a cold autumn night. I’m sure there are a million different ways to describe the experience of listening to her voice, but that’s the sensation I get.

'''

For me, when I listen to Horizon in particular, it’s like being wrapped in a big velvet blanket on a cold autumn night. ...
Others have talked about feeling wrapped in a warm, soft blanket or enveloped in a sudden sense or aura of calm or peacefulness - one young woman reactor on YT, after being stunned almost speechless by Karen's performance of "Superstar", described her voice as "haunting" (which is heard often) and then stammered with "it's...it's...it's scary", by which I assume she meant that it's "scary good" (as in the expression "wicked good", a supreme compliment that seems to have originated in the state of Maine...)

Nice, especially coming from a Maine-i-ac! It takes one to know one. But I'm not so sure about that, although I'd like to think I'm smarter than the average bear...some years back my wife and I did two different week long drives thru Maine, once along the coast and once in the mountain region, and loved it there!

When

For me, when I listen to Horizon in particular, it’s like being wrapped in a big velvet blanket on a cold autumn night. I’m sure there are a million different ways to describe the experience of listening to her voice, but that’s the sensation I get.
Yes!
While drinking hot cocoa and eating dark chocolate

Back
Top Bottom