Did anyone see the Simpson's Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geographer

And before this post is locked, the Simpson's Movie PROMINANTLY features the Carpenter's version of Close to You in all Karen's vocal glory! Again, in a previous thread here years ago, I brought up the relationship between the Simpson's and the Carpenters. There are two episodes that feature Close to You (but none featuring Karen singing) and two episodes featuring Top of The World (again, neither Carpenter performances). I thought Richard probably didn't give permission to use "thier" version of the songs; however, he must have changed his mind. I sat until the very end of the movie credits just to ensure that my ears weren't deceiving me! Alas, there it was in black and yellow, Close to You as performed by the Carpenters.

By the way, it's a great movie!

Why would this thread be locked? It's on topic, after all.

Richard is probably a Simpsons fan, eh?

We're not playing the movie yet so I won't see it for a few weeks, but am looking forward to it.

I saw the Simpsons Movie this afternoon -- I suspect we got to hear Karen singing in the movie because they had a MUCH bigger budget for the film than they have for a weekly TV episode, and therefore could afford the higher cost to use the "real" song. The "sound-alike" versions that are used in the TV episodes probably cost only a fraction of the "real" version.

In the very first season of the Simpsons, the family goes to see the opera "Carmen." If you listen carefully, you'll find that the performance of Carmen is in Russian rather than French. The commentary track on the DVD explains that a Russian-language recording of "Carmen" was the only royalty-free version in Fox's audio library, so to keep from paying extra for a different version, they went with the lowest-cost option.

Incidentally, I saw the soundtrack CD for the Simpsons Movie at Border's last night, and it does not list the Carpenters or "Close to You" in the track listing.

David

Actually the Simpsons soundtrack is a "score" soundtrack, meaning any pop songs from the movie are not included...just the movie background music. It's possible the record company is still working on clearances for a pop soundtrack, if there are enough songs to make one up.

I'D RATHER EAT A KRUSTYBURGER!!!!! -- :jester:

Well, I finally saw The Simpson's Movie, and sure enough, there was "Close To You" by The Carpenters playing...!!! The vocals and the instruments seemed so "Up-Front" and "Well-Pronounced"...

Usually a good, ol' song like that can easily be "buzzed-up" or "fuzzed-out", while here it was just like first time I heard it...

--A Media Masterpiece...!!! --Just the right touch this movie, "which I can watch on TV for free" needed!!! :tongue:artyhat:

Dave

--er, At the Rash Clinic, probably in the waiting room, where I stared up at the red exit sign...--Before... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom