digitally remastered lonely bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

I wonder what Herb has in store for the new Lonely bull CD as far as stereo panning is concerned. Will the tracks be just pure mono as the Lonely Bull track on Definitive hits or will he opt for some sort of artificial stereo effect or perhaps add digital strings etc for stereo? I note from rudy's initial Revelations that there could be supped up versions of the old TJB tracks for the dance clubs.

Slick

slick said:
I note from rudy's initial Revelations that there could be supped up versions of the old TJB tracks for the dance clubs.

Randy Alpert is supposed to be doing a Stars-On-45 concept of TJB tunes with a more modern drum/rhythm track to be used strictly for dance clubs and radio. The albums that will be reissued will not have this.

Capt. Bacardi

"I know nothink!" :D

My guess is it would be a straight reissue of the stereo LP. There is a good case to be made for reissuing it in mono, though, or at least having the few widely different mono tracks as bonus tracks (the superior mono mix of "Acapulco 1922", "Lonely Bull", and "Crawfish" with the alternate trumpet solo).

Maybe Herb should do what the new Beatles box set has - the stereo tracks, followed by the mono tracks. So they would contain the two mixes combined on one disc.

That's what I was hoping, but maybe the market is too limited for the extra expense (royalties, extra mastering time, etc.). I guess we won't know until we have the discs in our hands!

To copy the new Beatle box set would be virtually impossible, unfortunately, since the original mono tape that had the song "The Lonely Bull" has been lost, according to the DF liner notes. :cry: However, there just may be some back-up copy lying around somewhere. I predict, as others here, that the version used for the entire remastered album will be the tapes utilized for the stereo LP, as was apparently done in the '80s, though, I know many will be pleased if say, the mono version of "Whipped Cream" surfaces in the near future. :oneeye:

alpertfan said:
To copy the new Beatle box set would be virtually impossible, unfortunately, since the original mono tape that had the song "The Lonely Bull" has been lost, according to the DF liner notes. :cry:

It's odd they used the mono version of that song on "Definitive Hits" since the stereo is on the same original reel as the rest of the Lonely Bull album. No clue on the mono--maybe they just didn't feel like trying to locate it for "Definitive Hits"...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom