• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Dishwalla

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Last night I heard a 16-tune set from Dishwalla, a band who recorded on A&M during the mid-90s. They're on tour to promote their third album, OPALINE and single "In the Middle." At noon yesterday they did a live acoustic radio show on WOKI FM (100.3). Had it not been a late Monday night, I might have taken the kids, since this station plays a mix of their generation's music with my own.
When they asked why I was going, and I told them it was A&M-related, they gave me the usual blank stare. Appreciate the support, guys!
The light show was especially well done, along with an interesting 'man-in-the-moon' backdrop, similar to the OPALINE cover art. Afterwards the band hung out with the audience by the tour buses for an extended time, before heading to their next gig in Charlotte, NC.
Here's the setlist:

Somewhere in Between/ See the Way/ It's a long ride/ Once in a While/ Lead me to your Door/ So much life/ No intention of living this way -- with extended drum solo -/ This will be the last time/ "Counting Blue Cars" from their A&M album PET YOUR FRIENDS (CD 0319)/
"In the Middle"/ "Tainted Love" and "Where Did our Love Go" medley, cover of Soft-Cell version from the 80s.
Encore:
What Would You Give/ Two are welcome/ So Much Time/ "Suspicious Minds" (impromptu Elvis tribute).

The venue was Blue Cats, a small club with an open courtyard containing closed-circuit TVs. Nice for getting away from the crowd and smoke inside.

For more information visit the band's site:

www.dishwalla.com/index.php

JB

PS: Interesting article at the site tells of how they signed with A&M after appearing on IF I WERE A CARPENTER (Tribute compilation). The UNI merger happened after their 2nd album was released, leaving them with no label to promote the record. Go to the link about 'reemerging with new label, members' to read more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom