EARLY XMAS!

hi guys

Christmas arrived early to me today, with the arrival of an album I`ve been after for ages, carpenters `offering`. :b-boogie:
to say I`m happy is an understatement, given it`s in better condition than I thought it would be AND I expected to pay double what I did! I`m not a record/vinyl expert at all, but for some reason, I expected this to go for more than I paid. it also only took just over a week to get here as well, which is actually faster than some stuff arrives in the u.k.
condition: very good indeed. barely any edge wear, if at all, with just very minimal wear on bottom corners.
inner sleeve is near pristine, if it`s the original.
vinyl is very clean, but has a light scratch on final two tracks of side 2, but apparently the seller played it to check and it`s only really noticeable in quiet parts.
I can`t see how any collection would be complete without this, so I`m glad I have it.

003_zpsdlz8wczx.jpg
007_zpsrkchu3ya.jpg
004_zpsyof3l9u1.jpg

Congrats!! I have 2, that one and a white label promo.

I have yet to see an lp cover in mint condition, most all of these suffered from acid spots or ring wear, why did this album suffer so much from that? Maybe it was the cardboard they used? Both mine show this wear on the front and back some worse than others.

thank you rick.
I did actually mean to put a couple of questions in with my thread, to sort of make it interesting, but got carried away a bit with excitement :whistle:

the card in this sleeve does seem rather different to the later ones and more `spongy` if that's the right word.
the later album sleeves are lovely to look after, as believe it or not, I actually polish mine with furniture polish :laugh:

so I would be interested in a couple of things about this album.
how many on here have it? (I know rick does)
is it mint or who has the closest?
what sort of value are these albums?
and if rick or anyone else dos`nt mind, I`d like to see a photo of the white label promo version, to see if there is any difference AND, which is rarer???

Congrats on getting your copy :D

I own a (non white label) copy, and it's in great shape as well. Probably not "mint", though. It is the "trailer queen", if you will, of my collection -- I've only ever played it once since I've gotten it. I play the Ticket to Ride copy very often, in contrast. I believe it is one of the coolest albums I own, next to my copy of their "Live in Japan" from 1974. I love to look at its cover. :)
I don't remember if it has the right inner sleeve, though.

@James - I`m not jealous at all :cry:

@Rick - many thanks.
so that's the only difference then, the vinyl simply has a white label. interesting link to that one on ebay as these seem to be coming out the woodwork don`t they? that`s the third one in a couple of weeks on ebay!
I shall be watching this one with sealed open eyes :agree:

I have a US tour book that promotes A KIND OF HUSH on the inside cover. It states that HUSH is available NOW, in big letters.

I suggest that the booklet above is from a European tour of some kind, as the picture of the tan album has the picture on the front. That album never appeared that way on a US release.

The above Tour Booklet (which I do have) is from European Tour.
It is about 8X10 (inches) in dimensions (smaller than many others).
It advertises The 3-LP UK Carpenters Collection and includes Jerry Weintraub photo.
Also,includes a one page Photo of Karen from Hush sessions. She is sitting.
A stunningly nice photo, it should have been used for the Album !

Back
Top Bottom