LPJim

Staff member
Falco
A&M SP-5105
B000005S6A.03.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

A1 Rock Me Amadeus (The Salieri Version) 8:20
A2 America (The City Of Grinzing Version) 3:53
A3 Tango The Night (The Love Mix) 2:27
A4 Munich Girls (Looking For Love) (Just Another Paid One)Lyrics By [New] – FalcoWritten-By – R. Ocasek* 4:17
A5 Jeanny (Sus-Mix-Spect Crime Version) 5:50
B1 Vienna Calling (The Metternich Arrival-Mix) 7:40
B2 Männer Des Westens - Any Kind Of Land (Wilde Bube Version) 3:51
B3 Nothin' Sweeter Than Arabia (The Relevant Madhouse Danceteria Jour-Fix-Mix)Executive Producer – Curt Cress, Mal Luker, Mats BjörklundProducer – FalcoWritten-By – C. Cress*, M. Björklund* 4:43
B4 Macho Macho (Sensible Boy's Song) 4:55
B5 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (No Mix)Producer – FalcoWritten-By – B. Dylan* 4:41

Album remastered in the U.S. at A&M Mastering Studios, Hollywood.
"Falco appears by courtesy of Her Imperial Majesty 'Maria Theresa' Public Limited Company".

Entered the Billboard Top 200 on March 1, 1986
Peaked at # 3 and charted 27 weeks
"Rock Me Amadeus" reached # 1 as a single
Available on CD

JB

"Rock Me Amadeus" the worst # 1 song of the 80's decade behind # 2 "We Built This City" by Starship (1985):thmbdn::mad: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

With some songs you can really understand why they were massively popular. I never could understand the appeal of "Rock Me Amadeus." I thought it was a dopey song and still do. But, I also still think "Who Do You Think You Are" by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods is a great pop record so who am I to judge?

Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods "Who Do You Think You Are?" reminds me of The Buckinghams!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

"Rock Me Amadeus" was a fluke hit, but it was a hit all around the world, reaching #1 in at least 10 countries and hitting the top 20 in several more. I can't say it ever did much for me, but I think part of its appeal was the tie-in to the popular movie "Amadeus," as biographical bits and pieces of Mozart's life are woven into the lyrics. Falco was originally from Austria, so there is a lot of European influence on that track. "Vienna Calling" became another hit, although not as big. "Der Kommissar" was a minor hit a few years prior, but was re-recorded by a group called After The Fire with new English lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom