Favorite Carpenters Song 1

Which song is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No brainer for me - Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night.

This was a definite pointer to what I think their sound would have been in the 1980s. Very ambitious recording, gorgeous lead vocal and stunning arrangement. For me probably the best tune to come out of the MIA sessions.

Desperado for me. One of the most powerful and haunting ballads they ever recorded. Karen's voice is so soulful!

I was kinda stuck between All You Get From Love is A Love Song and Desperado, but I'd have to go with Desperado.

I had a hard time picking between All You Get From Love Is A Love Song and Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night. But in the end, All You Get From A Love Song just edged out Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night.

"All You Get From Love is a Love Song" is one of my top 3 Carpenters songs so it has to be my pick.

It seems that more people prefer "All You Get From Love Is A Love Song" over what many would consider a Carpenters classic, "Goodbye To Love".

^^It is interesting that I vacillated between Goodbye To Love and All You Get From Love Is A Love Song !
Ultimately, I chose Goodbye To Love, as the harmonies are --again--only Richard and Karen Carpenter.
All You Get From Love....I'd like to hear this song without the additional three background singers,
(That is: Julia Tillman, Carlina Williams, Maxine Willard ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom