• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Feliz Cumpleanos

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfirst

December always brings hope-for the first snowfall, the heart-felt hope that Santa won't forget that special list you gave him, or hope for the true reason for the season.

A few days before Christmas, I just have to put a temporary halt to my procrastination of sending cards, wrapping packages, or spreading the "holiday spirit" fighting traffic at the mall. December 22 brings a special smile to my face. Nick Ceroli was born on this day. There is no need for the customary cake and candle, just a fervant bit of thanks for the day.

Nick spent a small bit of time with us. But, in that collection of minutes, hours, days, months, and years, he provided a virtual ceaseless stream of magic that can be enjoyed today by the aficionado and the novice. For those of us who appreciated his rhythms with the Brass, there were even more who loved Nick for his beat with the big bands and small jazz combos. His variety in music was our spice!

Happy birthday, Nick. Your music will always be appreciated by those who love the beat and hear the brass. Requiescat in pace.

DJ

"THE MUSIC COMES FIRST"

That's what it says on Nicks headstone in Forest Lawn, as you no doubt know.

Everyone who has the TJB Christmas album should listen today. I think it's some of his best work.

Happy Birthday Remembrance of Nick Ceroli, who was truly the BEAT of the Brass! (And great to hear from you again, DB!)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all an A&M night!

- :thumbsup: Mike Ambrose

NP: Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass Christmas Album (is that Nick doing shouts and growls on the classic, rousing burlesque finish to "Jingle Bell Rock"?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom