Garbage - live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
A much needed break from politics on TV and being shut inside from the heat came Tuesday with the opportunity to catch '90s legends Garbage live at a local venue.

The band, who had several releases on Almo Sounds label, is touring to support their new release, 'STRANGE LITTLE BIRDS.' A new local venue, The Mill and Mine, was a good place for the event. It's pretty much standing room, so the earlier you arrive the better view you have.

On hand were Shirley Manson (vocals & guitar), Steve Marker & Duke Erikson (guitar & keys) and touring bassist Eric Avery, formerly of Jane's Addiction. Butch Vig was not touring due to sinus issues. Oh, well.

A generous set of 22 songs were played, including many which were familiar to long time fans. Since the band takes long breaks between albums and tours, this was quite a treat. Here's what we heard:

Supervixen
I Think I'm Paranoid
Stupid Girl
Automatic System Habit
Blood for Poppies

The Trick is to Keep Breathing
My Lover's Box
Sex is not the Enemy
Special
A Stroke of Luck

Even Though Our Love is Doomed
Why Do You Love Me?
Control
Blackout
Bleed Like Me

Push It ----- (YouTube clip)
Vow
Only Happy When it Rains
Cherry Lips

Encore: Sometimes/ Empty/ #1 Crush

Wanted to hear their great Bond theme, "The World is not Enough" and "Breaking up the Girl," but .... you can't have everything.

If you're in the mood for some high energy performance catch this show if it's in your area. Long breaks between tours doesn't seem to have slowed them down.

JB

youtube.com/watch?v=zBiPc4--oAQ

Attachments

• MANSON-Shirley.jpg
    MANSON-Shirley.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 3
Nice! Big Garbage fan here also. :thumbsup: "I Think I'm Paranoid" even made it onto Rock Band, which we have here.

I do like that Bond theme also. Shirley's lookin' good also. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom