• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎷 AotW: CTI George Benson - I GOT A WOMAN AND SOME BLUES (SP-9-3025)

All the CTI releases

How Would You Rate This Album?

• ***** (Best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

• * (Worst)

• Never Heard This Album

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was just thinking back...

The AOTW here was unreleased until the AM+ reissues retrieved it from the vaults.

J&K's third album Stonebone was only released in Japan.

Tamba Four had a promo single of "California Soul" with no album to back it up (to which some rumors have stated there may have been unreleased tracks or album).

Jobim's Tide is rather brief and IMHO was a weak album, with the title track being a regurgitated "Wave" and some of the other tracks sort of running on without direction. Seems like a rushed project. It was one of the last A&M/CTi releases. Yet the stellar Stone Flower was in the midst of being recorded when Tide was released. (That album very much resembles the A&M/CTi style, yet has some of Jobim's best songs on it and is richer and darker than Wave.) Almost as though the better album was held off until it could be released on the Columbia-distributed CTi.

If these aren't the signs of a label falling apart, I don't know what is. Releases were steady up until the end.
Very true however i have the Tamba 4 CD as well as the aformentioned jobim Cds plus the Wave cd i rather enjoy all of them as well as many of the CTI Releases both A&M and post A&M eras there were many great artists and albums to be heard and im so glad i was able to aquire what i have because some of them are long out of print

Back
Top Bottom