Goodbye to love

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyiceman66

Hi all, My name is Andy and I'm new to the forum.

Although I think I've got all the Carpenters Vids, DVD's and albums that are available in the UK, I can't find a vid of Tony Peluso playing the solo in "Goodbye to Love".

I'm 46(!) and trying to play the piece - have the tabs, have the time, but would love to see the actual piece "full on".

Can anyone point me in the direction of a vid to purchase?

Glad to finally "be in here"

See you soon,

Andy Hearnden :?:

Hi Andy!

Welcome to the forum! :)

You could always check out ebay for copies of the Carpenters playing Live At Budokan from 1974, or their performance in Holland in 1973. Or failing that, you might see him perform it on their First Television Special from 1976.

Failing all of this, and I hope this is not in contravention of site rules since I am not posting a specific clip, you could always try www.youtube.com and search for the following:

Carpenters Goodbye To Love
Goodbye To Love solo
Goodbye To Love Tony Peluso

or search for clips from the above named videos and specials.

Hope that helps!

Stephen

Hello. I'd like to take time and welcome you to the forum!!!! Best of luck on learning the guitar part on "Goodbye To Love". The duo was actually blasted for having that guitar solo included in the song. People thought they were selling out big time.

I saw in a PBS Carpenters special that Tony Peluso had a different king of guitar sound planned for the song considering it was a Carpenters but Richard encouraged him to "rock out" and the rest is history!!!!

Chris

You can purchase Live at Budokan on either DVD or VHS Video from Revolution Records here in the U.K. They list 2 DVD's one is region 2, the other does not specify. I bought mine from them and its worth every penny.
See www.revolutioninternational.com - they list 87 Carpenters items in total. I have no association with them other than being a satisfied customer.

Another version that exists on video is the Live At The New London Theatre from 1976. This is where Goodebye To Love is used as the big finish to the hits medley rather like that on the medley included on As Time Goes By. This is superb in my opinion but is not commercially available at the moment despite the rumours about impending releases from sources such as HMV.

A happy new year to all members of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom