• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
The student short film Gravity can now be seen in its entirety on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cipo4iwVU-g

Why post it here in the Herb Alpert/TJB Forum? This film is significant for several reasons. Julius Wechter served as Music Advisor, it is one Julius's son David Wechter's final student projects. 1974/75 TJB members play roles either on camera or behind the scenes (Dave Frishberg plays both "Father" and is the voice of "Jiminy Gravity") while more than half the TJB is in the band providing the music track -- the portion that is not from the canned Capitol library, at least. Enjoy it but please be aware it would probably have an R rating if released theatrically due to some brief female frontal nudity (so now I know Capt B will watch:wink: ).

David Wechter went on to produce, write or direct movies and TV Shows including Midnight Madness (Michael J. Fox's first movie), The Faculty, "Totally Hidden Video" for Fox, "Penn & Teller's Bullsh!t" and more...

Good stuff - thanks! Very much like the old educational films we suffered through in school.

Harry

I'm a big fan of the older sister! :agree:

Actually I thought this thread was about Brenda Russell's song "Gravity" where Herb was featured in the video (but didn't actually play on the track itself). But this will suffice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom