Great Article in ICE Magazine re: Reissues

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky1

Sorry if this rehashes anything already posted, but here is an article of interest.

Just got my Jan. 2005 issue of Ice Magazine, and there was a half-page dedicated to the Shout! Factory reissues. Herb is interviewed, and he gives answers as to why these have been held up for so long(contingency deal w/UNI to sell off inventory).

Of note, it mentions that the 40th Anniversary April release of WHIPPED CREAM & OTHER DELIGHTS will be the only one to get the expanded-edition treatment.

June will see GOING PLACES & WHAT NOW MY LOVE. The remix project is tentatively slated for July. SOUNDS LIKE, NINTH, THE BEAT OF THE BRASS, and THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM will arrive later in the year.

Shout! Factory A&R VP &project manager Shawn Amos are retaining the original lp design so that it will look like something that came out in the 60's.

Michael Harris

Good lookin' out Spanky1! Fantastico... Better late than never they say. I really thought it would never happen. Everybody is out to solidify their "legacy", and Herb sure has his, in fact in several fronts. His most loved, and well known work of course is his wondeful project the Tijuana Brass. When "Ninth", "Beat of the Brass", and the "Brass Are Comin" get the re-issue treatment, I sure hope they preserve and reproduce the gatefold photos on the latter two, and the back cover photo collage of Ninth. I love the artwork on "Ninth". When that lp came out in 67, I would have paid anything to get a copy of that tee-shirt or rather sweatshirt, with Herb's high-contrast litho type photo on the front cover. For the life of me, they should have put a coupon with an offer inside the lp. They would have made a killing, Herb was the hottest band around, and here in Puerto Rico, you could tune almost any FM/AM station, and hear the TJB, literally within minutes, often overlapping the same tunes! They were like a musical tsunami, or tidal wave. Wonderful music, for wonderful times!

June will see GOING PLACES & WHAT NOW MY LOVE..... SOUNDS LIKE, NINTH, THE BEAT OF THE BRASS, and THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM will arrive later in the year.

Hmmm...Where is S.R.O.? will this be 2006?

Right you are, Captain! In my haste, I overlooked this as I was typing. The interview does confirm your information as well. This is really great.

Captain Bacardi said:
Plucky87 said:
Hmmm...Where is S.R.O.? will this be 2006?

As mentioned in another post it is scheduled for June 2005 release, along with What Now My Love and Going Places.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom