Hal Blaine Autobiography reveals some interesting info....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr J.

I came across an autobiography by session drummer Hal Blaine recently(for those that aren't aware,Hal Blaine did drum work on K&R's early 70's albums).The Bio contains a short chapter on K&R,including a listing of most of K&R's recordings that he did work on.This list mentions three unreleased tracks recorded in 1971-1972: "Sebastian"
"What Are You Doing For Love"
"I Believe In You"
These tracks are grouped together(on the list) with the standard "Song For You" and "Carpenters" album tracks,giving evidence that these are completed tracks."I Believe In You" is probably the Neil Young composition-recorded by Rita Coolidge and others during the early 70's.

This Info contradicts the long-held theory that there are no early 70's outtakes existing in the vaults.

Stephen - Thanks for posting this. It's great to hear a different rendition of 'Slow Dance'. Admittedly, there are only parts of Kirsty's version that I like - her voice seems to come into its own at the end of certain lines to the song.

Don't know if anyone has seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pum2N3qA_ek

Marcia Hines on Youtube singing 'Somethings Missing' - Its a really great version of the song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom