Herb & Lani ELLA Awards May 18, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, this will be short. We've got Santa Barbara tomorrow night and I will file FULL reports this weekend.

What a night. I'm still giddy. I can't wait to share everything I witnessed tonight but that will have to wait until this weekend. One of the most memorable evenings I have had out in Hollywood. Herb was in rare form, maybe it was the wine? ;O). He was "stalking the stage" like Chris Rock. Just a hoot. They did four songs and the Jobim medley with Agua De Beber. Herb and Lani & band were loose and Herb's solo's were just purring, like a '63 Vette. They really won this crowd over with what they are doing now. Another highlight was Alan Bergman and Bill Cantos duet of "Jerusalem". Steve Tyrell was terrific as were the rest of the performers, including an 8 year old wunderkind from Florida on the piano. It was a veritable "Who's Who" of Old Hollywood, Show-biz Hey-day and Classic A&M. I mean Norm Crosby & Mitzi Gaynor were down front. That's old school. Can't wait to tell you all about all the other luminaries in the crowd.

Herb DOES have those TV Specials in pristine, digital. The clips were amazing on the big screens. I still have goosebumps from "Taste Of Honey" with the orchestra by the ocean on the big screen. Wow. Release these gems please!

I gotta get some sleep, I have to work in the AM.

More tomorrow after the Santa Barbara show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom