• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb & Lani LIve Vibrato November 16, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was playing weddings and Bar Mitzvah's and the next thing you know, I'm a Mexican"
- Herb Alpert, Vibrato November 16, 2011

First off, if you are on the fence about going to see Herb & Lani and their amazing band this weekend, you better get off it. Because as a beaming soon to be proud new Grandfather,
Herb Alpert said last night, "Our daughter Aria is about to have a baby any day now and
we are going to be taking an extended break. We've got 2 more shows this weekend and
we are going to be ready to fly back if we get the word that the baby is coming".

They tried out a bunch of new stuff last night that was just such a treat and after taking a year off, Herb finally chose to sing again for us last night. So many luminaries in the crowd last night to list but it doesn't get any better when Jerry Moss and his lovely wife are in the crowd and Herb tells so many great A&M stories from the stage and then goes to Jerry in the house to fill in the holes. After the show Jerry and Ann were so gracious to chat with us and we spoke about the
new carousel. Herb and Lani were also so gracious to take photos last night as were Mchael,
Bill and Hussain. After the show I told Lani how much we loved the new "Blue Skies", but being the perfectionist that she is, she said, "I think we are going to change the ending." Herb on
La Vie En Rose still gives me goose bumps as well as Lani on "The Look Of Love" that we have not heard since 2006.

Thanks to Eden Alpert and the incredible staff at Vibrato, Herb & Lani, Bill Cantos and his lovely wife, Hussain Jiffrey and Michael Shapiro and his lovely wife. And as always, Steve Sidoruk,
wish you could have made it out last night.

Set List Vibrato November 16, 2011

Besame Mucho
The Look Of Love
Moondance
Fever
Viola Fora De Moda
Accustomed To Her Face
TJB Medley
Pararaio (1X)/Opato/Pararaio Ending
Morning Coffee
Anything Goes
La Vie En Rose/'Til There Was You
Blue Skies
I've Got You Under My Skin
Laura

Encores:
Night & Day/What Now My Love
Jobim Medley

I'm glad you had such an unforgetable evening. The pictures you took, will you be able to download them here. I know everyone here, myself included would love to see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom