• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb & Lani On Tavis Smiley - PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got to see the interview today, and was struck by a couple of things.

First, it was Lani who did most of the talking art the beginning of the interview, when I figured Herb would have started things off. It was nice that she did that, because Herb could have overshadowed everything and everyone because he's so well-known. It underscored the fact that ANYTHING GOES is a joint effort.

Second, the whole show was a very low-key, relaxed conversation between three very personable people. It was like watching old friends having a sit-down together. If Tavis and the Alperts weren't good friends before the show, I'll be willing to bet they are now.

I was surprised to hear that Herb came from what he referred to as a "quiet" family and that when fame caught up with him, it really seemed as if he wasn't really quite ready for it. Maybe no one would be ready for the attention the TJB received back in the '60's...

It is obvious that Herb and Lani have a very strong marriage; what kept coming back to me as I watched and listened to them talk about how each was able to complement the other was the line from JERRY MACGUIRE..."You complete me."

Great stuff! And, since I finally have a little Xmas dough, I'm gonna finally get my copy of ANYTHING GOES!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom