• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Herb on Tavis Smiley Oct. 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_66_Fan

Tavis Smiley's PBS TV interview show has Herb scheduled for next week Thursday, Oct. 24th. Listing only shows his name (not Lani's) and I don't know if it's a repeat or not.....

New show to talk about new album. Be sure to check your local TV listings for the PBS channel and time!

Also, PUTTIN' ON THE RITZ is the #1 added record at smooth jazz radio this week!

Last edited:
Some of the local listings show Thursday or Friday, so that's why they should check their PBS station.

In the Detroit area it's on at midnight, Oct. 24th, which is late night Wednesday or first thing Thursday so, as Steve said....check your local listings.....

Here in central Florida, we've got several times it'll be on:

In Tampa, WUSF, channel 16 will air it at 11 PM on Wednesday the 23rd.
An hour later, Orlando's WUCF, channel 24, will air the show at midnight.
The next morning, on the 24th, Tampa's WEDU, channel 3 will air the show at 6:30 AM. at the same time that Orlando's WUCF will repeat the broadcast.
At noon, those same two stations will repeat the show.

Then, as with just about all PBS shows, the subchannels of these stations will have a round of repeat broadcasts, generally in SD. So there will be a number of chances to find it.

Harry

I'm not sure at what point it happens, but some of Tavis's shows are available for viewing online. I watched an interview he did with Prince from a few years ago, just last week.

I just watch the interview here in Cleveland,Ohio on WVIZ Channel 25 and both me and my mom said he looks great for 78. He share about his days in that one studio talking about that the studio did not feel right, if a studio does not feel right. then the music would not be right He talked about Karen Carpenter and in todays standards they would not have made it. since the first year with out a hit. then came along Close to you. and Herb said that was the song that made it.
bob

Great interview! Good questions from Smiley, and Herb is relaxed and wonderful to listen to... He sounds young and inspired...

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Yup, good interview. There's really nothing that I hadn't heard before from Herb outside of there were some other tracks recorded for Steppin' Out that didn't make the album. I did have a good laugh at how Lani asked for copies of the photos taken with President Obama only to find out that why they were being taken in the first place. :D

Capt. Bacardi

Yes, Herb seems to be comfortable with Tavis Smiley and it showed. There were so many tracks, the joke was, back in March, that this album would have to be a 'box set.' :D

I was also happy to see one of my Café Carlyle photos used.

I'm glad Herb is getting recognition by other media outlets besides music. As far as I'm concerned, his philanthropy in the arts should make him a household name. Great interview, I wish I was in Tavis's studio when this was happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom