Sacudelo (Shake It!)
Sensibility
Poinciana
Waltz For Stan
Slow Down
It's All In The Game
And I Love Her
When You Wish Upon A Star

Produced by Alpert and recorded at his home in Los Angeles, the album continues to serve up the unmistakable trumpet playing of the Tijuana Brass master, who just turned 88 this year.

Interesting that he started out "recording at his home" with THE LONELY BULL.

Well, "East Bound and Down" seems about the most unexpected song ever from Herb. It will be interesting to hear his take on that one!

Man, does this guy ever slow down?!! He puts men that are 30 to 50 years younger than him to shame(which includes me!)! and at 88 to boot! I hope he keeps cranking them out for a good amount of years to come! God Bless him(and Lani too!)! But come to think of it, He(God) already has!

Man, does this guy ever slow down?!! He puts men that are 30 to 50 years younger than him to shame(which includes me!)! and at 88 to boot! I hope he keeps cranking them out for a good amount of years to come! God Bless him(and Lani too!)! But come to think of it, He(God) already has!
When you don't have to book studio time, you can record at your own pace, and Herb's beyond a pro at it.

When we saw Herb & Lani in concert in Napa in 2000 (Feb. 29---just before lockdown), he said he plans to keep doing it as long as it makes him and us happy.

Remake of the late Canadian guitar & singer Jeff Healey Band 1988 song "Angel Eyes"?? Remake of the Yusuf/Cat Stevens 1970 "Father And Son"??

I like it. Add in some "Bob" trombone flourishes and you could have a 2023 TJB sounding track

Unusual chouce, if you ask me. There are a few Jerry Reed instrumentals he easily could cover.

Are the drums programmed or live?

Back
Top Bottom