• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

"Insignificant" stuff about Herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazmin_Salinas

Hello again,

I've created this thread in order to post slightly mentions about Herb, which don't deserve a separate thread. Here's one of these "slightly"mentions:

A year ago, when I was listening to a radio program called "Party all night", someone said that Herb's nickname could be "Cybergachupas", but I don't know what does it mean!!!

"Cybergachupas"
I think it means, "he likes to eat tacos while surfing online." It's either that or "he plays a mean trumpet" my Spanish slang is a little rusty.

You haven't been here long enough to realize that there is NO Herb-related topic that doesn't deserve it's own thread. Hell, sometimes there are seven or eight threads all devoted to the same topic!

Mike B.
Hoping he hasn't inspired another several dozen pointless threads with this post

Mike Blakesley said:
"Cybergachupas"
I think it means, "he likes to eat tacos while surfing online." It's either that or "he plays a mean trumpet" my Spanish slang is a little rusty.

I found out that the nickname "Cybergachupas" was invented by the staff of the program "Party all night", and the meaning of this weird nickname is "someone who knows how to be a leader".

+++

There's another "slightly" allusion about Herb... The song "A taste of honey" is one of the most used for TV commercials in Chile. This song is also the main theme of the radio station Señal 90 (Signal 90).

Hey! I want to tell you another "insignificant" mention of Herb Alpert. Well, yesterday I went to an amusement park called Discovery Zone, with some friends (including Karénina, the owner of Lani Hall's Paradise forum). We went to the arcade zone, and when I was playing Para Para Paradise (a dancing game), my friend María Antonieta said: "Some Herb Alpert's songs could have been part of this game: Spanish Flea, A Taste of Honey, Zorba the Greek..."

More "insignificant" stuff... Yesterday, my friend Karénina (who is the owner of the Albany Park fanclub) went to a soda fountain with her classmate Luis Alberto Olvera. When they entered the soda fountain, the song "A taste of honey" was on the stereo system. Karénina said: "It was good of the owners to put on Herb Alpert's music!!!!.

Even more "insignificant" stuff... Today, my aunt Salomé lent me a magazine called "Para Ti" (For You), on its issue from July, 2002. I saw a section called "Your favorite records", and on that issue, the section featured singer Sonia Alatriste, whose fourth favorite album is "Beyond", by Herb Alpert.

Gachupas: That's the common word in Mexico when refering to the people born in Spain. One Gachupa is a man or woman from Spain.

And it does not make any sense when applying it to H. Alpert, but let us blame it to the ignorance of the radio guy...

Saludos.

Gachupas: That's the common word in Mexico when refering to the people born in Spain. One Gachupa is a man or woman from Spain.

I had no idea about that!!!

And it does not make any sense when applying it to H. Alpert, but let us blame it to the ignorance of the radio guy...

Yeah! The radio guy made a terrible mistake when he said that Herb was a "Cybergachupas".

More "insignificant" stuff... yesterday I went to the Nainari lagoon here in Obregon City, and I noticed that a trumpeter was next to me, playing "El garbanzo". Of course, I smiled because that was a great performance.

Even more "insignificant" stuff... yesterday, when I listened to a radio program called "Myriam's world" here in Obregon City, Myriam (the host) said that she had been to Tijuana many times. While Myriam was saying this, the song "Tijuana taxi" was at the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom