Interesting use for old records...

I was browsing Etsy and came across this listing:

1702439991025.png

I recognize a few of those. Some of you reading may also. 😁

But it makes me think that there are ways to reuse old records, ones that may be scratched and unplayable and would normally be thrown out. That's where most of the handmade items are sourced--from unusable records.

For the coasters here, the labels are cut out of the center of the records (how? I'd like to know), and then clearcoated so the labels are not damaged by liquid. A wooden holder is provided for the coasters.

Here is another clever use I didn't consider. These are boxes made from old vinyl 45s (lids) and LPs (boxes). Presumably these are used as gift boxes, as all of the titles are Christmas records.

1702440324364.png

Or here's something a little more practical (?) for wall art, especially if it is ordered with an optional frame. A laser-cut record.

1702440621758.png

It makes me wonder what I could do with some of the well-beaten Sinatra records my dad had from the distant past.

Even random wall art can be made from old records. What about all the various colors that RCA used in the 70s with this label design? This one gives me butterflies (sorry).

1702441333948.png

Back
Top Bottom