• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbart

Hello everyone,

I was/am a fan of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass back in the 60's. (when I was just a little girl :) ) The years went by, I got married, had a baby and my turn table bit the dust and I am ashamed to admit that I had not heard my favorite music in many years.

This past Friday night, my husband and I went out to eat at a Mexian place called Frontera and a there was a roaming Mariachi band playing. When they came to our table, I requested The lonely Bull, which was and is my all time favorite song. They played it for me and it brought back so many memories that I became misty eyed! :oops:

That night, I decided that I was going to go buy some Tijuana Brass music on CD, since I no longer had a working turn table. (Sad because I have over 500 albums) So, I was up early Saturday and began my hunt. Well...no luck anywhere....Best Buy, Circuit City, Media Play, CD Warehouse...no one had any TJB cds! And worse, no one working at any of those stores even knew who I was talking about! :o They just gave me a blank look and asked, "How do you spell that?" :shock:

Thank goodnesss for Amazon.com! I ordered "The Very Best of Herb Alpert" and "Definitive Hits" yesterday and they have been shipped. I can't wait to receive them. :D

Until they arrive, I guess I will just have to hum my favorite TJB songs! :D Anyone have any suggestions on what other TJB CDs I might enjoy?

~Kathy~

Hi Kathy, and welcome to the Forum! That's a great story and thanks for sharing with us. I can't say for sure :D but I suspect you're in for a very pleasant surprise: All of the original TJB albums are now in the process of being remastered and reissued, with the first two (Lonely Bull and South of the Border) together with a compilation of unreleased songs and alternate versions (Lost Treasures) hitting the stores THIS WEEK. Check the links on the Forum home page to order directly through Amazon.com (which process helps support this Forum with a little financial reward) or ask for them at your favorite music stores. And then share your thoughts about them on the Forum, along with the rest of us incredibly hyped-up, eager-eyed TJB fans!

Mike A.

If it's an instant dose of misty-eyed nostalgia you're after, then it will arrive within the next couple of days, since the two albums you've ordered will certainly fit the bill.

But you will probably notice on "Definitive Hits" there are quite a lot of tracks that aren't so familiar. Herb has changed direction a lot since the 60s, and although his horn is still instantly recognisable, his music is now much more of the mellow jazz variety.

Mike has alerted you to the fantastic news that all those great 60s albums are being reissued (starting TOMORROW) and they will undoubtedly reach even into the darkest recesses of CD Warehouse in Atlanta.

Happy listening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom