• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Jon's "One Track" (or is that 8 track?) mind. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
I thought the Board, and Jon especially, would get a kick out of this "small world" happening: I'm currently music directing a show at the tiny coastal resort of Seaside, Oregon. Several of the cast members have been imported from NYC and/or LA. In talking to one of them, he mentioned that he had worked at Disneyland as a character for several years, so, knowing Jon's past, I asked him if he knew Jon. To which he responded, "Yeah, he's the guy who was always talking about A&M Records!" Your secret obsession is out, Jon (OK, so it's not so secret).

You have to be kidding, Jeff!! What a hilarious story! If it wasn't a tongue-in-cheek statement on the part of this Cast Member, it would definitely have been me: "...The guy who was always talking about A&M Records!" And I thought my secret was safe with my fellow Cast Members!! What a bunch of Characters!!! :tongue:

Jon

...wondering if his Peter Pan costume would fit after 26 years and laughing himself silly at the thought of it, online...

Jon--no, he was quite serious, which is what made it so funny! :laugh: I didn't say a word about how we "knew" each other, and that was the first thing out of his mouth! He was "big" characters like the Beast, Jafar, etc. for (I think) three seasons that overlapped with yours. Small world, eh?

Jeff--this is, indeed, quite a hoot! It sounds like me. This would have been around the time I met Lani Hall, who introduced me to Dianna Baron of A&M Artist Relations -- quite a thrill for a teenager in love with Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66, Lani Hall, Herb Alpert -- A&M in general. I was with my friend Mike (another Cast Member), who still tells the story of how we encountered Lani in the mall, my running down the escalator after her, kissing her hand...in short, I made a fool out of myself...I was in "Lani Hall" heaven for months! :wink:

Oh...and I'm sure there were few people I didn't tell about my magical experience. In short, your friend hit the nail on the head!

Jon

...with happy memories of playing Peter Pan, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom