• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Krayola Dave Struck Gold: Still-Sealed TjB & Solo Herb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Found in some Odd-Ball "Just Arrived" Section in the Vinyl Section at an otherwise-Mostly New/Used CD Store...:

Herb Alpert's Ninth

The Beat Of The Brass

The Brass Are Comin'

Warm

Summertime

Coney Island

Just You And Me

Really hoped a Whipped Cream... would be there (though didn't these Records under my arm give me the hint to look in the Instrumental section?)

Had to pass up Sealed copies of S.R.O., What Now My Love, (What, no Still-Sealed South Of The Border...?) iGoing Places! and Greatest Hits as for me, 'least for right now, the "later Herb", seems to do... --'Least I could'a found Lonely Bull and ...Volume 2 there, though; I wish...

So do we have a New Fan who's going to open these and give them the Gentle Lifetime of Loyal Listening and Loving Care they deserve, keep 'em Sealed for ANOTHER 30+-to-40+-Years, or...?????? -- :help:

Dave :neutral:inkshield:

Keep in mind that even 20 year old unopened vinyl copies can be re-releases, not originals. I bought a copy of "The Lonely Bull" in the mid '80s only to find that it had the then-current white A&M label instead of the original gold label from the '60s. It also pays to know your catalog #s from that era, which can be found online. If you've never explored the A&M Discography online, check it out. It will absolutely blow your mind!

Eh, these are the Real Thing--Trust Me! :agree:

Somehow my ...Brass Are Comin' doesn't have ANY Haeco-CSG stuff, what-so-ever, in labeling, or from the Sound Quality robbing it of its Listenability in the grooves, either... --It really plays good and sounds as optimally as the rest of these discs...

All have an Original (though folded, wrinkled and from age, easily-torn Inner Sleeves, which is OK, 'cause I've stock-piled a myriad amount o' Real, Good, Near-New Condition original A&M IH-series Sleeves... Just You And Me has a blank PURPLE inner-sleeve, and just SOME o' these albums have the Korvettes price-tag here 'n' there...

Our latest-new member said:
...If you've never explored the A&M Discography online, check it out... ...It will absolutely blow your mind...!

Yes, from what I've read here, it HAS, and so has another Site, too, I know about w/ fairly comprehensive discographies on Certin Labels, though nowhere near the Information that I get in terms of Songwriting/Musicians/Producers/Engineers, etc. Right HERE at A&M CORNER...!!! :tongue:artyhat:

Dave

--And WELCOME! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom