• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Lani's "I'll Never Fall In Love Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasil_Nut

Staff member
Interesting find on eBay...a 45 single of Lani Hall singing "I'll Never Fall In Love Again." Boy, was I excited! Then I got to thinking about the title of the eBay listing. Sure enough, it's a misprint on the part of the seller (to whom I dropped a pleasant e-mail of correction...) The listing should say, "I'll Fall In Love Again" from Lani's ALBANY PARK album.

Shucks...and I thought we'd discovered yet another unreleased treasure from the vaults of A&M!! :rolleyes:

Jon

I know this has nothing to do with the issue at hand, but at the same time I can't resist bringing this up because it sounds similar to the situation you experienced. About a year ago my mother looked at a DVD catalogue and saw a notice for the 1950 version of King Solomon's Mines (with Stewart Granger and Deborah Kerr) on DVD. Now I checked IMDb at the time and saw that that version was not issued in this format (and, to date, remains unissued on DVD); but she ordered anyway. When it came, it turned out that the version she got was from 1937 (with Paul Robeson in a supporting role)! :confused:

But back to the issue at hand: I do caution that there are two different songs entitled "I'll Never Fall In Love Again" -- the famous Bacharach-David tune, performed by such acts as Dionne Warwick and the Carpenters; and a slow ballad, co-written by Lonnie Donegan (of "Rock Island Line" and "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor" fame), that was made famous by Tom Jones. Although I realize that neither one was on that record you'd purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom