• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lee Michaels on A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookytooth

First time post for me here.

I have owned the vynal copy of a self-titled "Lee Michaels" album, since it was released in late 60's. It includes on one full side a song by Michaels and his drummer Frosty. I have always loved this track and have been randomly seeking it out on CD for many years, but have not been successful.
Does anyone know if or how I can purchase a CD version?

Also, since this site seems to be dedicated to the material on A&M, I also own 2 albums by Spookytooth (w/Gary Wright of future "Dreamweaver" fame) as well as a Tons of Sobs album, which was the genesis for Bad Company (band included Paul Rogers and Paul Kossof). Are these of any value? The albums themselves are in good to excellent condition, including the covers.

Look forward to some response, especially on the Lee Michaels CD.

rd

Hi, and welcome to the Corner!

First, let me move this to the proper forum. :wink:

I see his CDs seem to be out of print. You may want to check out the GEMM site: www.gemm.com. You can usually find out of print items there, depending on how much you want to spend. Other than that you're pretty much stuck with auctions like eBay or Yahoo, unless you have a good used CD store near you. Watch for record shows in your area as well.

Capt. Bacardi

I'm surprised to hear they're OOP again. There was a big deal about him regaining his rights and reissuing them on his own label a few years back... The posts are in our archive somewhere, I'm sure. LPJim is the guy to check with in that department. as for Lee Michaels, last I heard he was in the Los Angeles Restaurant business...

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
LPJim is the guy to check with in that department. He's in the Los Angeles Restaurant business now, last I read...

Wow, I didn't know LPJim changed careers! :D

Harry
...jumping on Mr. Bill's misplaced pronoun, online...

Harry said:
Mr Bill said:
LPJim is the guy to check with in that department. He's in the Los Angeles Restaurant business now, last I read...

Wow, I didn't know LPJim changed careers! :D

Harry
...jumping on Mr. Bill's misplaced pronoun, online...

Doh! Okay... I fixed it.

--Mr Bill
shocked that he made that mistake being an English major and all...

Changed careers? Not yet, but in these uncertain times a person has got to have a wide diversity of skills.
Lee Michaels did get the rights to his recordings back, and his entire A&M catalog was reissued on CD by One-Way Records in 1996. Don't know if they're out of print but I see them pop up on Ebay quite often. Usually around $10 plus shipping, which isn't bad.
TONS OF SOBS (SP 4198) was the first album by Free. This title has been reissued on CD by Island, and the most recent version has a generous supply of bonus tracks. You can read more at 'amazon.com.'
The Free catalog mostly has been reissued by Island, with the exception of FIRE & WATER, which A&M retained.
The same is true of Spooky Tooth, with A&M only retaining SPOOKY TWO. For a long time YOU BROKE MY HEART SO I BUSTED YOUR JAW wasn't available on CD but I think a foreign source (Russian?) has reissued it.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom