Live at Budokan DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJS

Discussing the possible Palladium DVD leads me onto the Budokan concert from 1974.

This is from the same tour as the Live in Japan album but it is not the same concert. This concert is available on Region 2 DVD from Revolution International for £38.99. I got mine at Christmas and both the sound and picture quality are absolutely first class. Its a wonderful concert with the oldies medley (which is different to the Now and Then album). Richard kicks it off with Little Honda and does The Book of Love while Karen sings
The Leader of the Pack and Doug Strawn takes the lead on the final track Johnny B Good, which showcases their drumming and keyboard skills.

This is the group at their absolute peak in my opinion, Karen looks superb in blue jeans type trousers and jacket and is visibly in her element, encouraging the crowd to join in on Jambalaya - "Come On !! " she shouts to them during the chorus.

If you have not seen or got this DVD I cannot recommend it highly enough and would go so far as to say its worth buying a multi region DVD player for those who are not Region 2 like us Brits.

David,

thanks for this info - I'd not come across this website before, and having checked it out, can see it will be most fruitful!

Cheers,

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom