• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Live at the Greek Theater" and 'The Crab'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was answering this very question in the other thread when I saw this subject. I never asked Sergio about the vocal arrangement of "The Crab," but I did ask about the chronology if its release. Gracinha jumped in to answer this one and said that it was the last thing they recorded at A&M. She said they were in the early stages of a new record (i.e., post-Greek Theater) and that this was the only thing they got in the can before A&M dropped them.

P.S. I always take these things with the usual warnings, however--this is 30 years later and people's memories are not always 100% correct. Sergio in particular has been known to "remember" different things with different people. :wink:

That's very true, Jeff. I've seen topics discussed; then people will ask Sergio a question about said topic when they encounter him. He'll say he doesn't remember at the time. Then, someone else will ask the same question and get a detailed answer to the same question. Maybe it has to do with the question being asked in a different vein? Hard to tell.

I'm sure certain things jog his memory from time to time, while others don't. Stands to reason. As you say, after 30 years in the spotlight, it's hard to remember everything one has accomplished (let alone the details) over the years.

Jon

My theory is that they were searching for a new singer, and Gracinha did all the female lyrics on "The Crab".

Another theory is that Bonnie B. is on "The Crab".

A third theory is that Geri S. is on "The Crab", but it doesn't sound like her to me.

All interesting thoughts, Brandon. I'm going to ask Gracinha this weekend (the 30th) in San Jose. Ya'll have piqued my interest!!

Jon

Jon,

Since you are going to discuss the Crab, could you find out what happened with Geri Stevens (her short life with Brasil '77). They kind of coincide together.

Sure, Brandon. I'll ask. Hopefully she'll remember the details. She talked a great deal about the Bonnie Bowden days at the Napa concert, as mentioned in my review.

At one point she said, "When was the first time you saw us?" I told her that although my parents had seen the original Brasil '66 many times, my first was a concert in Monterey in early '71 when she, Lani and Karen were the vocalists.

I then mentioned that we saw the new band (Brasil '77) about six months later at the Circle Star in Redwood City with she and Karen. "I remember those hotpants!!" I told her. "Karen was all over the stage and you were swinging those hips!!" She threw back her head, laughed and said, "Yes! That's so true!! Karen was all over the place!!! Oh!! Those hotpants!! Well, I still have great legs!!" she laughed. I agreed and she said, "I'm holding you to that!!!"

Gracinha has an excellent, down-to-earth sense of humor. She's a great deal of fun.

Jon

Don't forget to ask about concert appearances in San Diego this year!

--Mr Bill
giving a gentle reminder to Jon, online

Jon,

While you're asking questions, please ask them if they'll be returning to Japan to perform. Preferably to Tokyo or Yokohama.

I'm going to need a notepad!! Let's see...

1. What happened to Geri Stevens?
2. Concerts in San Diego
3. Concerts in Japan

I say this because so often we intend to ask specific questions, the realize we forgot after they're gone...never fails. I'm sure you know what I mean. The best person I've seen at throwing out good questions was Brandon. He was clear, concise and knew exactly what he wanted to know of Sergio. As such, he was able to get a lot of answers to a few simple questions -- and -- a lot of details as well.

Just a couple of days to go, guys, and I can start asking away!! :wink:

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom