• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

"Lost Treasures" time-line..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeframe

Has anyone here gone to the trouble of figuring out the time-line involving the "new" works on the "Lost Treasures" CD? The bass-player in Popcorn just doesn't sound like Pat Senatore.

Is this work too early for him?

Steve
Timeframe

"Popcorn" would have been recorded after the "classic" TJB albums.

As for the time of the recordings....we don't have all the answers, but you can guesstimate quite a few by going by when the songs were written. "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head," for example, was probably recorded in the same sessions that produced the SUMMERTIME album -- the time is right, and so is the sound.

While we really don't know for sure, there's a good possibility that the bass on POPCORN was played by Papito Hernandez, the touring player with the Brass #2.

Dan

We've discussed that topic several times here at the forum...go to search at the top pf the page and enter these topic titles:
1. The Official LOST TREASURES Thread: Opinion and Poll
2. Session Guesses
3. And I Love Her- When Was It Recorded?

There's a lot of interesting stuff in each thread.

Dan

"Popcorn" first appeared in 1969 on an album titled "Music to Moog By" performed by its composer, Gershon Kingsley. It was later "covered" in 1972 by the New York-based studio group Hot Butter.

rmos said:
"Popcorn" first appeared in 1969 on an album titled "Music to Moog By" performed by its composer, Gershon Kingsley. It was later "covered" in 1972 by the New York-based studio group Hot Butter.

I stand corrected. Hadn't realised that Kingsley did the original!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom