• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

"Love Sounds" Series (Japanese Import)

Status
Not open for further replies.

satan165

I searched the board for a mention of this but could find none, and I really felt it needed to be shared.

I just picked this up for under $20 with shipping from Japan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260408639066

The jacket and vinyl are in PRISTINE condition, I cannot believe I got such a deal! As far as I can tell, this is exclusive material -- the set does not appear at all to be the same as the Brasil 77 Live album.

I am listening/dubbing the vinyl right now, its amazing. But best yet is the packaging...its basically a book! The jacket itself is more then a gatefold, it actually has a binding like a book. It has a full color 20+ pages of stunning photos. There is a huge section just devoted to half page photos of each of the band members, it has all the lyrics...and a ton of info on samba and bossa nova, albeit all in Japanese. There are also some strange sections regarding the evolution of audio mediums! Of course I cannot read Japanese so the article itself is useless but there is a huge heading of 'AUDIO' with pictures of 8-track players, record players, etc...

This is #10 of 15 in the series, I have been able to find little else regarding the other albums in the series, though I did find an auction on Japan's Yahoo site for #1 which is the Godfather soundtrack of all things!

Do forum rules preclude me from scanning and sharing a PDF of this amazing 'book'?

Feel free to scan and post any pictures you'd like (as long as it's "family friendly").

If I'm not mistaken, LOVE SOUNDS is another edit of the same Brasil '77 live concert that's had several other titles on differing Japanese releases.

I have a version called "GOLD DISC".

Side A
Mais Que Nada
One Note Samba - Spanish Flea
Wave
Like A Lover
Pradizer Adeus (To Say Goodbye)
Constant Rain (Chove Chuva)
Scarborough Fair

Side B
Fool On The Hill
Something - Day Tripper
Going Out Of My Head
The Look Of Love - Oye Como Va
I Can See Clearly Now
Love Music
Killing Me Softly With His Song

It features Bonnie Bowden and Gracinha Leporace on vocals, Sebastiao Neto on bass, Claudio Slon on drums, Laudir Oliviera on congos and percussion, Oscar Neves on guitar, and Paulinho da Costa on percussion.

Back about a decade ago, a bunch of us got together here and compared notes on various Brasil '77 live albums, thinking that they might all be different concerts that had been issued, but it turned out that they were all the same recording, sliced and diced differently and repackaged a bunch of times.

Someone sent me a copy of one called CARNIVAL: LIVE IN JAPAN. It's got 12 tracks and includes one called "Jogo de Roda/Manha de Carnaval" that's not on my GOLD DISC. There was yet another that only had 11 tracks and was also confusingly titled GOLD DISC.

If I recall correctly, there was also one big double-album issue of this whole concert.

My GOLD DISC is a CBS/SONY issue, 26AP 1316.

Oh - and welcome to the Forum!

Harry

Great info! The 'official' Brasil 77 Live album has been on my want list for some time, at this point maybe I'll cut my losses and stick with what I have. The band you named is indeed credited just the same in my own album.

Even if I end up missing a few good tracks, the packaging alone makes this one well worthwhile. I will indeed scan and post some of the 'book' inside, the band pics alone are awesome.

Here's a couple of pictures of the jacket and the label of the GOLD DISC that I have:

GoldDiscJacket.jpg

GoldDiscLabel.jpg

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom